Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rescue -- 1000  (Read 1752 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Rescue -- 1000
« on: April 20, 2016, 08:52:51 AM »
FREE webber grill. Needs new flare up guards. Burners ok. Up graded and no longer need. If nothing else make a GREAT charcoal grill. Good grates.

Located at end of driveway.

Hey, who wouldn't want a GREAT charcoal grill?

Saw this 9 minutes after it posted and jumped in the truck. The closer I looked the worse it got but threw it in the back regardless.

Weber really should advertise that they sell replacement wheels.

Burner tubes are NOT OK, the crossover bar (at least) is rusted and broken.

It caught fire at some point.

Rust hides here.

Don't know what year it is. Mid-late '90s from the thin wood slats I think.

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Rescue -- 1000
« Reply #1 on: April 20, 2016, 02:12:12 PM »

Oh, so that's how they knew it would make a decent charcoal grill. The drip/collection pan's decently-sized exit hole was actually clogged.

The first thing that goes bad on a Weber grill, the locking mechanism within the office chair wheels, is the only thing working on this grill.

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Gpinch1

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: April 20, 2016, 03:23:43 PM »
Hey, lid and control panel look good. Can always use those on another restoration.

Many times the propane tank holder bracket is missing as well. Can't buy those anymore.

So... you just need about 3-4 donors and you can assemble a nice grill ;)

« Last Edit: April 20, 2016, 03:25:49 PM by Gpinch1 »

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 20, 2016, 03:44:51 PM »
I could use the burners, the cover and some wood parts for example from my 900, But I'd still be out "flare up guards" and then have another carcass.

I'm inclined to see what the 900 would being on CL to fund parts for this one, probably not enough to recoup what I have in it.

In addition to the ability to take the little wheels, the other differences I'm seeing between this and the 900 is a slider for the extension support table's bar. On the 900 all they did was drill holes in the frame to set the bar either up or down. But with the 1000 the bar slides on a glider that clicks into place when fully up. Nice, and shouldn't place extra stress on the one corner of the table like the 900's bar does, forcing it over time to sit cockeyed and stress one of the boards.

The 1000's manifold also has the plugged fitting for the optional side burner, which I'd want even though this isn't a long/wide frame like the 2000 is.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: April 20, 2016, 04:39:27 PM »
I collect the thermo holders!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: April 20, 2016, 05:47:44 PM »
You got MORE old gassers you're gonna install two old-style thermos in?