Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle Pizza owners have you seen this?  (Read 8096 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Kettle Pizza owners have you seen this?
« Reply #15 on: April 20, 2016, 05:51:24 PM »
So the Baking Steel made for the KP obviates the need to run a second cooking grate to support an alternative heat blocker? If so, that's even better so that you don't be roachin' a cook grate with crazy pizza heat.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: April 20, 2016, 06:39:47 PM »
Do you also have the tombstone and pro-grate?

No, I use a 1/4" thick piece of steel, on a modified grate, as the cooking surface.

S!LVER

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #17 on: April 21, 2016, 09:54:29 AM »
I want to fabricate something very similar to this using 16 gauge aluminum sheet.

doesn't aluminum dissipate heat VERY quickly?

Maybe … I'm no scientist … Just a backyard bbq guy who likes to tinker …. And, it won't cost $100 + shipping.
I also use fire brick on that level.

You're probably better off just using a standard cooking grate with firebricks arranged on top

Has anyone done this.  I think it would be a great idea and pretty easy to do.  the cooking grate and fire brick idea sounds like a perfect pizza oven to me. 

Steve

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: April 21, 2016, 10:54:44 AM »
This is what I currently use with my KP set-up on the upper level.  It's easy to do and works great.

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.