Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: 4 sliders  (Read 960 times)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
4 sliders
« on: April 12, 2016, 05:30:51 PM »
Just me and The Boy at dinner tonight. "You're going to help," sez I.

Two sliders each. Perfect for a SJ or JJ, if only I had one of them nearby and ready. And looking to make this as easy as possible I skipped the 18 with leaky intakes needing a chimney to start and headed for the main rig.

He greased the burgers with olive oil here and then sprinkled Weber Steak 'n Chop seasoning. Pressed in some tiny orange bell pepper pieces too.

Gotta get the cheese ready!

He lit 1/2 char basket of leftover coals, just enough to get hot for this tiny, short cook and facing west-east over the burner tube. Coals lit quickly but we didn't wait for them to get fully going. Taking advantage of the still-low heat, we did them direct on both sides for about 5 mins each. Had one or two very brief flareups since he's a slow flipper.

When that was done the coals were now hottest; we slid the sliders away, melted the cheese and quickly toasted King's Hawaiian bread.

Not much to look at here but they were some of the best burgers I've had in a while. The Boy won't ever order a hamburger in a restaurant but gives these a thumbs-up.

It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Re: 4 sliders
« Reply #1 on: April 12, 2016, 06:54:43 PM »
Outstanding!
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

JDann24

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 12, 2016, 07:07:45 PM »
Sliders are a great way to introduce your kids to grilling and eating well too. My eight year won't eat a regular burger, but loves sliders. Nice pics by the way.
Looking for colored 18's and SJ's.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: April 13, 2016, 03:35:06 AM »
Yeah it's funny. At any restaurant that serves chicken tenders he's all about that, still. Unless there's pizza or some pasta, in which case he orders all of them now. At 13 he now orders 3 or 4 dishes and wants to take home the leftovers unless we stop him. But that never includes beef, but will eat beef at home no problem.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 13, 2016, 04:57:10 PM »
Looks good ats. Always good to get our kids involved. Tfs