Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How do you like your ribs poll?  (Read 8765 times)

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
Re: How do you like your ribs poll?
« Reply #30 on: May 11, 2013, 03:50:53 PM »
Up here in Canada, it seems that back ribs (as they are called in these parts), are what the majority prefer.
I used to be in that camp. Then I discovered spares. I cut them St. Louis style, and cooked the trimmings, too.

Wow! What a difference. Fall off the bone doesn't bother me, but, I prefer a little tug with the chew.
I have tried the foil method once. Wasn't too crazy about it. Besides, it took me away from other things .... like sitting, and staying hydrated.  ;D ::)

Not sure who coined the phrase, "If you're lookin', you're not cookin'"??
I put the ribs on, then, let 'em ride. Never had an issue. Then a little sauce to finish.

I like to leave the trimmings on for about an extra hour. Let them rest covered in foil for a bit.
Then shred and pick out the fat and cartilage. When cold the next day, it's almost like pork jerky ... but better.  :D

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

bryanw21157

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: May 11, 2013, 04:30:26 PM »
Definitely like 'em soft and falling off the bone. We cook ours at 375 in the oven for one hour, steaming them in beer with a chili powder/brown sugar rub and wrapped in foil.  Then, on the grill low for half an hour while cooking on the bbq sauce. 

Sounds like a bad way of doing it, but thats how we like 'em.    Mmmmmm....ribs....
The only thing better than BBQ is more BBQ
Black Performer -- 18-1/2" Coca-Cola OTS -- Mini WSM -- 18-1/2" WSM -- 1997 Blue OTG -- 2014 Jumbo Joe / WSM

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #32 on: May 11, 2013, 09:49:21 PM »
Definitely like 'em soft and falling off the bone. We cook ours at 375 in the oven for one hour, steaming them in beer with a chili powder/brown sugar rub and wrapped in foil.  Then, on the grill low for half an hour while cooking on the bbq sauce. 

Sounds like a bad way of doing it, but thats how we like 'em.    Mmmmmm....ribs....

I don't think there is a wrong way to make ribs if they come out good. There is a place here in Vegas that was on Dinners, drive ins and Dives that is supposed to be the cat's ass as far as BBQ goes (Road Kill grill) and they boil their ribs before they put them on the smoker. I tried some of their ribs and brisket and hot links.....I was not impressed at all but they have people lined up around the building to get the food so whatever you like you like and nobody else can convince you that their way is better. A true story.....The first time I ever had bbq ribs was when I was 8 or 9 . Someone from the neighborhood  was manning the grill at one of those neighbor get togethers and boy they smelled good for what seemed like forever to a little kid.....when they were done the only thing I thought was that there was nothing there.....no meat. I thought that ribs were a total waste of time and never ate another rib until I was 27. My wife got me to try them at a restaurant and they were meaty and great. Even though they were supposed to be Baby backs they were really spares.  That was 20 years ago and I have had ribs many many times since and they are one of my favorite things to eat . I am doing up some spares for Mother's day tomorrow and will be doing them up on the OTP. We get some really meaty ribs from Sam's club and I cook up 3 racks using a rib rack . If I ever get the hunger for ribs I never think about getting them from a restaurant anymore, I know that I can make them better than anyplace in town on my Weber, same thing goes for steak , burgers and everything else I can drag across my grill. Gonna start the morning off with some German pancakes .  Just typing about the ribs makes me hungry!
« Last Edit: May 11, 2013, 11:00:49 PM by One Touch Platinum »
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!