Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How do you like your ribs poll?  (Read 8762 times)

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
Re: How do you like your ribs poll?
« Reply #15 on: March 01, 2013, 12:37:13 PM »
We like probably around a 3 or 4 on the scale.  I have done 2 or 3 ribs now unfoiled and once i get the hang of that way of doing the ribs i think i will do them that way from now on, i started out doing the 3-2-1 or 2-2-1 and they turned out great :) now to learn a different way.
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: March 02, 2013, 04:40:03 AM »
Mmm 2-3 for me, Also I almost never wrap I'll run about 220 4 hours for B,B's and I like'em wet. I'll sauce about 7 or 8 times so as to Candy my sauce up.... Ok thats it I doing ribs today ;D
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

SmoothSmoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: March 02, 2013, 06:46:33 AM »
I've done 1 accidentally and they were great, I dont care what no stinking kcbs has to say.  I'm the authority on my ribs, not them.   8)

Kilted_Griller

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: March 06, 2013, 07:16:23 AM »
3 for the KG Clan. A little tug but come off the bone clean. I prefer a dry rub with lots of flavors and an occassional spritzing of a juice every half hour or so. Depending on how they look and feel, I may wrap them with extra juice or spices. 220 - 225 for 4 hrs or so. Serve them with a side of sauce for those folks that like them wet and you have yourself a party! Oh yeah, beer. Serve them with lots of cold pale ale! That's the ticket.  ;)
"The only time to eat diet food is while you're waiting for the steak to cook"
   ~Julia Child

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: March 06, 2013, 08:14:19 AM »
Wifey likes to eat her ribs with a fork, so we're probably a 2 on that scale.
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!

Jaronimo

• WKC Brave
    • Cooking in my Yard
« Reply #20 on: March 07, 2013, 07:15:18 AM »
I did these using a 3/1/1 method.  Sometimes they are a little too cooked if I foil them for 2 hours. 

I dry rubbed them the night before, then onto the smoker at 225.

After I unfoil them I start brushing on the sauce.  About every 20 minutes.

I would say they range from about a 3 to about a 6 in regards to pulling off the bone.  Depends on which side of the rack you grab.

Usually there is a little pull and then what you are biting comes off clean.  You don't usually get the entire bone to pull out, but the spots you bit come clean.

And yes, they tasted as good as they look!
Copper colored Weber OTG, Black Weber OTS, Copper colored Weber E310, UDS, and a wood burning pizza oven.

Cooking in my Yard

SmoothSmoke

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: March 07, 2013, 09:39:10 AM »
Looks nice Jaronimo, great color. 

Jaronimo

• WKC Brave
    • Cooking in my Yard
« Reply #22 on: March 07, 2013, 11:34:36 AM »
Looks nice Jaronimo, great color.

I have been taking lessons from my wife.  She is a fantastic food photographer.  I used her camera for these pics.  The pics come out a bit better than when I use my Iphone to take pics.
Copper colored Weber OTG, Black Weber OTS, Copper colored Weber E310, UDS, and a wood burning pizza oven.

Cooking in my Yard

jimswside

• Happy Cooker
    • GrubSeeker
« Reply #23 on: March 28, 2013, 06:50:18 AM »
I go through phases,  sometimes sauced(, sometimes just the rub,  spares and sometimes BB's, i foil sometimes, other times not.   

Did up a single slab of bb's this past Sunday,  On the WSM with cherry and hickory. 

decent batch,  not some of the local pork I get when I make time/plans to get it - these are IBP, at least non-enhanced:

barely got this pic before they were snatched up:

after these bb's I am craving some spares.

« Last Edit: March 28, 2013, 06:55:01 AM by jimswside »

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #24 on: March 29, 2013, 07:58:08 PM »
3-4, but I don't complain if they are a 2.

Don't tell anyone my shameful secret:  I use a premade Penzey's rub (BBQ of the Americas), then smoke them with hickory on the WSM for about 5-6 hours.  Really simple.  I serve sauce for any guests, but I don't touch it myself. 
One of the charcoal people.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #25 on: March 29, 2013, 08:52:40 PM »
I'm a 3ish....but have no problem with them falling off the bone. My wife doesn't do "messy food" so she's a 1 for sure.

Hambone1950

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #26 on: May 10, 2013, 06:51:21 PM »
I'd probably be a 4 or 5. Also I don't wrap or sauce my ribs on the cooker so they tend to come out that way.

I prefer spares because they have more meat but I'll go with back or baby back when they're cheap enough. These baby backs were on sale and were the first (but not last) I cooked hanging.

Woof! Those look amazing! That's how I like my ribs....right there! Work of art , brother.
WE CALL IT BAH-B-CUE

One Touch Platinum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: May 11, 2013, 08:15:18 AM »
I know it's not the "Proper" way to make ribs but we like them falling off the bone.  My wife likes them to be really tender but not to the point where they get mushy. I realized that I never have had ribs done like they are supposed to be for competition , I have had them at some of the more famous rib places out this way and they all have way too much chew or pull to be what I have seen as winning ribs on TV. If you can pull the meat right off the bone they are done perfect at our pit.
If it needs to be Heated to be Eated, I can do it on my Weber!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
How do you like your ribs poll?
« Reply #28 on: May 11, 2013, 08:52:49 AM »
I make " candy " ribs for the wife and kids 3-2-1 usually , I hit them with honey and brown sugar before I wrap and then sauce at the end , I get a nice clean bite and still very tender . I like mine spicy.

Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

jperry1907

• WKC Brave
How do you like your ribs poll?
« Reply #29 on: May 11, 2013, 09:13:05 AM »
I like mine with just a little tug, not falling off the bone