Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Charcoal Summit: iPhone or Edsel?  (Read 9330 times)

ChaoSki

• Smokey Joe
Re: Weber Charcoal Summit: iPhone or Edsel?
« Reply #45 on: April 15, 2016, 06:50:13 AM »
... from a consumer perspective, there was already plenty on the market that did the same thing better and cheaper. ...

Right, and consumers, curiously shunning all of the other better and cheaper alternatives, bought iPhones anyway. Later, after Google copied many of iPhone's inherent characteristics and behaviors, another huge segment of consumers continued to shun better and cheaper alternatives in order to buy Android smartphones.

And that explains why most everyone today uses an iPhone or Android phone despite a bunch of better and cheaper alternatives out there. The buying public are clearly out of touch.

What herds decide to purchase is irrelevant to me (actually I question the product even more).

:)

I don't own stock so sales #s and profits are irrelevant hehe

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Weber Charcoal Summit: iPhone or Edsel?
« Reply #46 on: April 15, 2016, 10:55:39 AM »
I agree, and I also buy what I like. That's why I don't buy shitty beer that's cheaper and smartphones, bikes, cars, audio gear or computers that are "just as good" as what I consider to be better values.

So when you (as in, you) say something is "better and cheaper," that really only applies to your values. Not in any absolute sense. On that I'm sure we agree.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch