Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I did it, Cajun Bandit ordered  (Read 4225 times)

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
I did it, Cajun Bandit ordered
« on: April 02, 2016, 07:38:32 PM »
I have wanted a rotisserie for my kettle for a while now, keep looking and looking on CL and other online sale places and nothing ever shows up. I want the Cajun bandit door for my WSM.
Finally saved up enough money and bought the Pimp kit from CB. What I am really happy about is the rotisserie can be used on the kettle and the WSM. Also ordered an extra motor mount so I don't have to remove the mount and move it when I switch from kettle to WSM.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
Re: I did it, Cajun Bandit ordered
« Reply #1 on: April 02, 2016, 07:39:28 PM »
Any tips for using the rotisserie are welcome. I have no idea what I am doing with it.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: April 02, 2016, 08:09:46 PM »
Part of what makes the rotisserie so much fun to use is that basic use is so easy. Season and tie up a chicken, spit it, and start it spinning between two full charcoal baskets. It usually takes about an hour and fifteen for me for the breast and thighs to get to temp.

Rub a little oil on the outside of the bird for better browning, and don't forget the drip pan. Weber makes long narrow pans that work well.

You'll like the roti.

MeatAndPotatos

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 03, 2016, 12:15:46 AM »
So.... screen shots are a thing...

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: April 03, 2016, 01:12:22 AM »
So.... screen shots are a thing...
My wife thought I was joking about it being called the pimp kit, so after I finished I took a screen shot and sent it to her. I guess I never told her how much it costs cause she was a little pissed about that.

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: April 09, 2016, 09:12:37 AM »
welcome to my world :-) 

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: April 09, 2016, 09:28:31 AM »
Want to win her over, give this a try:  get yourself a little roaster sized bird.  If your supermarket has fresh herbs, get yourself some fresh rosemary and thyme and a lemon.  cut the lemon into wedges.  Stick a couple wedges in the cavity, then take a handful of the rosemary and thyme and kinda bunch it up together and stuff it in the cavity, then put the last two lemons in.  Spit the bird up.  You'll want to truss up the legs and the wings with butcher's twine.  Should be some youtube videos on that out there to show you how or you could buy some high heat rubber bands that are made for cooking.  I've switched to those and they work well.  Now, this is just me, but after you salt and pepper the bird and get it on the grill and it's spinning good, whip up some olive oil and paprika in a small bowl.  Never really measured it out.  Maybe a quarter cup of olive oil to start.  Then I add a lot of paprika so it's like a paste.  Baste that on the bird a couple of times during the cook and you should have one damn fine looking crispy bird at the end.

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: April 09, 2016, 09:55:27 AM »
Thanks grizz, sound great  I will have to try that out. It arrived today. Unfortunately I am not motivated to cook anything today. It's raining and snowing here.

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: April 09, 2016, 10:26:57 AM »
SWEET!  Much snazzier than the weber roti ring I got off ebay.  And you know.....go easy on the olive oil/paprika....I'm starting to think that's what I did when I didn't have a roti.  Take a look at my Cornish hen post.  I didn't use that mixture and the birds turned out fine.  Beauty of the roti is the bird's baste themselves :-)

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: April 09, 2016, 10:27:46 AM »
SNOW!?!?  You keep it there, we don't need anymore out here on the east coast :-)

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #10 on: April 09, 2016, 03:29:39 PM »
Niceeeee. I need to get me one of those.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: April 09, 2016, 03:43:11 PM »
That is a sweet lookin' piece of hardware.

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: April 09, 2016, 04:47:03 PM »
I am very impressed with the quality. Well worth the money. Can't wait to use it.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: April 10, 2016, 02:09:04 AM »
it will change your life
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: April 10, 2016, 10:30:41 AM »
it will change your life
Any good tips? I know you know your way around a rotisserie