Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Being a Kettlehead has Changed How I Watch TV  (Read 2331 times)

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
Being a Kettlehead has Changed How I Watch TV
« on: April 01, 2016, 05:56:40 AM »
In the  past week I've noticed how being a Kettlehead has changed how I view TV.

1. A couple days ago I was watching episode of The People vs O.J. Simpson and while the characters were watching the white bronco chase on TV, I noticed the lid of a red kettle laid on the ground off to one side like somebody had been cooking on the grill earlier..
2.  Last night while watching Beyond the Tank they were visiting a previous  entrepreneur at home and he's telling his story but I'm noticing the MT kettle, Gen 2 or 3 Performer (and even a Weber gasser) instead.

The Weber kettle truly is an iconic symbol of America. How about you? Have you started seeing kettles in what you watch?
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

VAis4BBQers

• WKC Brave
Re: Being a Kettlehead has Changed How I Watch TV
« Reply #1 on: April 01, 2016, 06:00:07 AM »
Good point, I always notice them on TV as well. Another thing that's different, living somewhat on the border of urban and rural, whenever I go into the country I'm always looking around old houses for some magical find.
Crate n Barrel Grass Green - Target Copper - Blue OTG - 14 & 18 WSM

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: April 01, 2016, 06:16:19 AM »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: April 01, 2016, 08:11:54 PM »
Ahh thanks Hoss
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: April 02, 2016, 02:30:51 AM »
Good point, I always notice them on TV as well. Another thing that's different, living somewhat on the border of urban and rural, whenever I go into the country I'm always looking around old houses for some magical find.
Ha! I do the same thing!

Craig

• WKC Mod
Being a Kettlehead has Changed How I Watch TV
« Reply #5 on: April 02, 2016, 11:28:58 AM »
It changes how you drive through neighborhoods too, checking out backyards, patios from the road.... Older neighborhoods (pre 1980s) are fun since those are the most likely places to find an MBH hanging out on a patio or in a garage..

fdeange

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #6 on: April 02, 2016, 12:10:18 PM »
I saw on the Fugitive, when Richard Kimball calls from the killers apartment, when he leaves, he goes the back way and on a porch are two kettles. My family thinks I'm nuts when I rewound it and laughed. Like I cured some disease.

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #7 on: April 02, 2016, 06:22:14 PM »
My poor wife has learned to ignore me when I mumble out 'OTS!' or somesuch in the middle of a scene on TV. 

And my daughter is learning... this past fall she was raking leaves for an elderly couple with her Girl Scout troop, and when I picked her up at dusk we drove around the corner and I habitually rubber-necked the backyard.  The light was failing, so I asked her the obvious question:  "What color is that grill?". 

"I don't know," she answered. 

"You mean you were there for 2 hours and you never checked for grills in the backyard?," I said, in mock incredulity. 

The next day we drove by in the daylight to confirm that it was a faded black and not a Glen Blue.  She knows better now.  :-)
One of the charcoal people.