Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Pizza....Without the kettle pizza  (Read 3128 times)

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
Pizza....Without the kettle pizza
« on: March 15, 2016, 05:11:51 AM »
We tried pizza for the first time on the performer and I was pleasantly surprised with how well it turned out even without the kettle pizza attachment. Will certainly do it again and I wouldn't necessarily by the kettle pizza like I planned on.

The last pizza was a barbecue brisket pizza with smoked mac & cheese and a baked bean sauce. It was incredible. Thanks for looking

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Re: Pizza....Without the kettle pizza
« Reply #1 on: March 15, 2016, 05:17:23 AM »
Looks good! Next time try and elevate your pie to get it into the heat of the lid. Charcoal baskets work great to elevate.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: March 15, 2016, 06:35:20 AM »
Looks good.  I did a handful of pizzas prior to having my kettle pizza.  It can definitely be done....just doesn't have the cool factor!  LOL.  The brisket pizza is a bit inspiring....might have to do a cabbage and corned beef pizza for St Patty's day.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Grizz

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: March 20, 2016, 10:50:31 AM »
nothing wrong with that pie! 

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: March 29, 2016, 03:35:15 PM »
Looks good. How do you arrange your coals? I see where guys do a pac-man set up on the kp. Good tip about the elevation @Nate

varekai

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 29, 2016, 09:50:28 PM »
Looks great! My first attemps at a "pizza oven" on my kettle was done with the lid just a little off kilter. After reading several other posts both here and other info gathered I came to the conclusion that you want the heat to "escape" to create a convection type of environment. I was going to make my own version of the "kettle pizza" accessory but changed my mind..( i need to figure out how to post pics here) and my design (like others here) works great!!  The ring I had fabbed is now a ring that I turned into a rotisserie..
CGA,GGA, jumbo joe, 3-18" kettles,22" blue,green,yellow and 2 reds, 1-22" lid mod for pizza, a genesis silver,2 Red SS Performers,2 26ers,1 red, 1 chief and a Ranch Kettle.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: March 30, 2016, 04:57:09 PM »
I used 3 charcoal baskets with a mix of lump and briquettes arranged in a triangle

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk