Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Shut down  (Read 1748 times)

Heatseeker

• Smokey Joe
Shut down
« on: March 13, 2016, 05:26:21 PM »
Is it normal to see lit embers 2 - 3 hours after shutting top and bottom kettle vents completely?

MeatAndPotatos

• WKC Brave
Re: Shut down
« Reply #1 on: March 13, 2016, 05:35:12 PM »
Not really.

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 13, 2016, 05:40:55 PM »
It's getting air from somewhere. Does much smoke ever come out from under the lid? I'd check the lid and bowl for either being too out of round, although if you have the one touch system it could be that one or more of the sweepers aren't tight enough to the bowl.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #3 on: March 14, 2016, 10:42:30 AM »
Yep, Air. I've got and OTS and 2 of the daisy wheels are bent up. I dont even bother shutting that thing down anymore. Dang , I really need to fix that...

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 15, 2016, 03:20:28 PM »
I would verify that the one touch sweeps are tight to the bowl (make sure they are assembled in the correct order) and then measure across the bowl and the lid and make sure they are round. If not, give them a little "hug" to put them back in shape. Then, if its newer, grill on that sucker to build up some "gunk" and she will seal up real nice. Also stay away from tool holders or shelves that sit on the lip as they will let air in. I have my kettles so they will cool down in about 20-30 minutes depending on how windy or cool it is out. When I have the tool holder on them, the time is drastically increased to about an hour.

Darko

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: March 16, 2016, 07:29:37 PM »
Yup! Some gunk is a good thing.