Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Performer predicament  (Read 7532 times)

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
Performer predicament
« on: March 08, 2016, 07:23:47 AM »
Ok here's the situation. I have a 2010 Performer I got off CL for $50. I love it, but i also want an SSP (color)
SSPs are NON existant here, but i found one on CL in great shape, ER vent code but black, for $100
I would have to sell my gen 3 performer to my buddy, for what i paid, cause well, he's my best bud and i promised him.
so...should i go for the black ssp, or keep what i got?
Thanks for all input

jbenavidez2

• WKC Brave
Re: Performer predicament
« Reply #1 on: March 08, 2016, 07:29:41 AM »
$50 is keeping you from being happy? Sell it to him for $60 to make urself feel better. At the end of the day, even if you sell it to him at$50; you are still at a good place for purchasing a grill for $100.  Rescue karma will pay you in the end.
Looking for Blues

Currently have: 26.75 Gold; 22.5 SS Performer (Red Mist); 22.5 Mastertouch (Ivory); 18 Sam Adams (Copper); SJS; Jumbo Joe; 18.5 WSM; Genesis EP-330 LP (Copper); Summit S-450 NG; Fireplace; Firepit; Summit 400 Flat Top; Simpsons 22.5 Gold

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: March 08, 2016, 07:30:24 AM »
I had a black plastic table performer - then my pal and I bought a RED Stainless performer - I took my black performer kettle put it on the SSP and put the red kettle on my plastic table performer.  We were both happy 8)
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 08, 2016, 07:31:53 AM »
It's not a money thing, just have no room for 2 performers, wondering if i'll like the SSP better, or the newer one

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: March 08, 2016, 07:39:49 AM »
Buy it and "loan" the other.

When a colored one comes available..."loan" the black one to someone else and shuffle.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 08, 2016, 07:43:07 AM »
Which do most of you guys/gals Like ...SSP or newer style?

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: March 08, 2016, 07:45:49 AM »
Just depends on your preferences. It's pretty much about aesthetics, since it'll cook the same as any other Performer. It comes down to "what would Bert like looking at more?"

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: March 08, 2016, 07:46:43 AM »
@brewtownbeatdown  DAM YA!....think i may just wait for a colored one

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: March 08, 2016, 07:48:34 AM »
What color is the 2010 performer. If it is a color you can put it in the SS and sell him the black in the 2010?
May The Smoke Be With You!

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 08, 2016, 07:49:34 AM »
both are black

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #10 on: March 08, 2016, 07:51:29 AM »
I love my SS Performer, but have not had any other Performers.  One difference I can think of is accessing the charcoal bin.  With the SS if you have stuff sitting on the table and need to get to the charcoal bin or open the table to light the touch-n-go, you have to clear everything off.  So that is a con if you are used to placing stuff all over your table all of the time.  It hasn't been that big of a deal for me.  I make sure to get my coals loaded up and going prior to taking anything else outside.  Touch-n-go only needs ot run for 2-3 minutes then gets turned off.  I use my charcoal bin mostly for random tools, maybe some charcoal, but overall once I'm cooking, I don't need to access the bin under the table.   I think the SS seals up your bin a bit better and does a good job of keeping things dry.  The SS also cleans up very well and looks amazing when its all shined up.  While the newer performers might look a little more modern, I think an outdoor cooking platform should have an all weather SS top!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

firedude5015

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: March 08, 2016, 08:15:32 AM »
I love my SS Performer, but have not had any other Performers.  One difference I can think of is accessing the charcoal bin.  With the SS if you have stuff sitting on the table and need to get to the charcoal bin or open the table to light the touch-n-go, you have to clear everything off.  So that is a con if you are used to placing stuff all over your table all of the time.  It hasn't been that big of a deal for me.  I make sure to get my coals loaded up and going prior to taking anything else outside.  Touch-n-go only needs ot run for 2-3 minutes then gets turned off.  I use my charcoal bin mostly for random tools, maybe some charcoal, but overall once I'm cooking, I don't need to access the bin under the table.   I think the SS seals up your bin a bit better and does a good job of keeping things dry.  The SS also cleans up very well and looks amazing when its all shined up.  While the newer performers might look a little more modern, I think an outdoor cooking platform should have an all weather SS top!

Thanks Mike, that's what i needed to hear....i'm going to stick with the performer I have unless a cool color pops up.
the "VINTAGE" is what makes we want an SSP, but sounds like the newer ones are a little more user designed.
maybe in time, i'll have room for one of each. Just hard to store a performer VS a kettle

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: March 08, 2016, 08:25:49 AM »

Thanks Mike, that's what i needed to hear....i'm going to stick with the performer I have unless a cool color pops up.
the "VINTAGE" is what makes we want an SSP, but sounds like the newer ones are a little more user designed.
maybe in time, i'll have room for one of each. Just hard to store a performer VS a kettle

One other difference If I am correct is the height of the SS vs other performers.  I'm only 5'7" so I like that the SS is a few inches shorter than the other Performers.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: March 08, 2016, 08:29:19 AM »
Get the SS and use it for a little while and see which one you prefer.  If you don't care for it, then off it goes to your buddy.  You get to try both and you get the good karma either way. 

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: March 08, 2016, 08:31:09 AM »
^^^^  What he said!!!!!