Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: White 3/8 Pushnut At Ace Hardware $1.49 To Replace Lost Wheel Pushnut  (Read 1592 times)

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
I'm about a month away from doing a half assed restore on my daily driver at our lobster dock, a 2008 Black OTG.   She's been serving me well but could use a little love.  I went all year long dealing with a missing hubcap which was totally unnecessary because the replacement part is really not that expensive and as it turns out available at our local hardware store for $1.49.

I've looked them up online and seen the Weber three packs for sale for around $5 and $4-$5 shipping which seems ridiculous.  I had been debating doing the restore and spending any money on it but after such a great season and falling in love with it.   It's strange how attached I've become to this grill that was given to me and not in particularly good shape (melted handle, missing hubcap, pitted legs).  But after countless cooks and seeing the results other WCK members have doing restores and also considering the salty environment of our lobster dock I'm planning to see just how pretty I can get my dock grill with a little elbow grease.

Anyway for other "Restore" noobs like me that are searching for a replacement for a missing hubcap, know that white 3/8 Pushnuts are available at Ace hardware and I'm betting at most local hardware stores.

It cost me $1.49 for the replacement pushnut.

Hope it helps someone in the future.  They aren't standard color Weber black but I think they look great anyway.

Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
Re: White 3/8 Pushnut At Ace Hardware $1.49 To Replace Lost Wheel Pushnut
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 03:27:45 PM »
Yup..standard 3/8" caps in hw stores are white...if the color works for you..then its a few bucks cheaper than oem
Grills

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #2 on: March 05, 2016, 07:59:38 AM »
For a dummy like me who would have selected the black 3/16 ones here's what the bin looks like at the hardware store-
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 05, 2016, 06:55:11 PM »
That is good to know.  Thanks for the tip.  Ace also sells the 1'' leg caps in black and white.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson