Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: I might have to make some pizzas tonight!  (Read 10713 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
I might have to make some pizzas tonight!
« on: March 04, 2016, 12:04:04 PM »
I've been slowly but surely obtaining more pizza accessories.  Got a new stone, 2 more wooden peels and a set of pizza spinners. 

Planning to make a ton of pizzas tonight for Regan's (GF) family so I went ahead and ordered some Pizza boxes a few days ago so everyone can take some leftovers home all official like. 

I'll try to document everything closely and will post a write-up later tonight or tomorrow. 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Nate

• WKC Ranger
Re: I might have to make some pizzas tonight!
« Reply #1 on: March 04, 2016, 03:29:24 PM »
"A ton"... Sounds like you're going to be busy. Have someone take photos and vids and post them up. I really like pics and vids of cooks. I did this once with my brothers family and cooked up 6 pies but was to busy to document. Same when I did this for my wife's folks and sister and husband.

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: March 04, 2016, 03:53:15 PM »
I see a can of San Marzano. It looks like a Nate's specialty pizza on the menu.

If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: March 04, 2016, 04:20:52 PM »
I'm firing mine up tonight as well! [emoji487]

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: March 04, 2016, 04:39:56 PM »
Me three (in the snow)! Good luck @MikeRocksTheRed and @Jason   Mike that sounds crazy ambitious! Very impressed!
« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 04:41:29 PM by jkolantern »

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: March 04, 2016, 05:00:10 PM »
@MikeRocksTheRed  Good luck with your cook and have fun, you too @jkolantern !!! 

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
I might have to make some pizzas tonight!
« Reply #6 on: March 04, 2016, 09:30:20 PM »
Will post something tomorrow.  Tried to get pics of everything, but in the heat of it I missed a lot of pics.  Was a success overall.  Still learning.  Still improving.  Still eating a pizza here and there that isn't optimal but still great.  Killed desert!  Here's a sneak peak until I can do a write up tomorrow.  Learned a lot tonight...my stone gets too hot and needs a break...and upside down hinged grates are a must!

« Last Edit: March 04, 2016, 09:37:16 PM by MikeRocksTheRed »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Russell C.

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: March 04, 2016, 11:04:05 PM »
Tell me what you use for a pizza spinner and where you got it?

Sent from my SM-G900V using Tapatalk

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: March 05, 2016, 04:33:10 AM »
Ahh, yes. I was thinking s'mores would be really good in the kettle oven. Can't wait to see your pics. I'm smoking pork butts all day but will cooking pizza in a day or two for sure.

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: March 05, 2016, 05:20:55 AM »
Love them s'mores. Can't wait to see the pizza pics. You mentioned upside down hinged grate...I actually took one of the hinged grates off off the one I use so I don't have to use the grate upside down. It's my dedicated KP grate since I don't have tombstone. 8)

Nate

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: March 05, 2016, 05:35:48 AM »
@Russell C.  KP has spinners but a little pricy IMO. I picked up a couple forks from the dollar store and bent the tips over. Here what I got.

I usually use one of these along with my 10" peel. I'm actually thinking about cutting my ss long handle tongs in half and using those as spinners.

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: March 06, 2016, 11:31:49 AM »

@Russell C.  KP has spinners but a little pricy IMO. I picked up a couple forks from the dollar store and bent the tips over. Here what I got.

I usually use one of these along with my 10" peel. I'm actually thinking about cutting my ss long handle tongs in half and using those as spinners.

The only issue you might have is the length. I just got the spinners myself and they're 18" long. Hopefully we'll be able to make some dough and try em out in the next couple days.

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: March 06, 2016, 04:58:37 PM »
I'm looking at picking these Cuisinart Pizza Spinners up from Amazon. Not quite as cheap as the bent forks, but cheaper than the KettlePizza ones.
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: March 06, 2016, 05:39:05 PM »
I'm looking at picking these Cuisinart Pizza Spinners up from Amazon. Not quite as cheap as the bent forks, but cheaper than the KettlePizza ones.
I'm pretty sure that the Kettlepizza spinners and the Cuisinart are the same thing. Kettlepizza just puts a zillion-percent markup on them.

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #14 on: March 07, 2016, 04:46:19 AM »

I'm pretty sure that the Kettlepizza spinners and the Cuisinart are the same thing. Kettlepizza just puts a zillion-percent markup on them.

Jon, if you look at the prongs you can tell they're not the same. I'm sure either would do fine, though. I just went with the KettlePizza spinners since I had a coupon and they've been so good to me. Wife is making dough today and I can't wait to try em out!