Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Has anyhone heard a rumor....  (Read 103908 times)

BluesDaddy

• Smokey Joe
Re: Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #585 on: May 06, 2016, 03:42:07 PM »
Having recently been in a nursery (yes) that sells BGEs and other "high end" grills that go for more, I can better understand Weber's target market for the Summit. There is definitely a niche consumer group that will be interested in it and it will be positioned toward the lower end of the spectrum in terms of cost.

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #586 on: May 06, 2016, 03:58:11 PM »
Having recently been in a nursery (yes) that sells BGEs and other "high end" grills that go for more, I can better understand Weber's target market for the Summit. There is definitely a niche consumer group that will be interested in it and it will be positioned toward the lower end of the spectrum in terms of cost.

You mean that the $2000 grilling center is at the lower end of the spending spectrum for the target demographic? If so, what competitive products are you comparing it to?
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #587 on: May 06, 2016, 04:49:16 PM »
I was about to pull the trigger on one and realized that there is no way to attach a rotisserie. That is a deal breaker for me since I use mine weekly.

I talked to a Weber CSR the other day. She said that Weber is currently working on developing a whole truckload of brand new accessories specifically geared for the new SCG. She said the very first thing that will come out is a rotisserie for the SCG.

To me, the only logical design/shape for a rotisserie ring for the SCG would be a wedge shaped ring that would sit flat on the bottom bowl like a traditional rotisserie for a 22, but the top is cut at a 45 degree angle. The front of the ring near the lid handle would be at full height and then it would slope downward at an angle toward the rear lid hinge so you could pull the lid down on the ring. It would have the appropriate slot and groove for the spit notched into it of course. That is the only way I could see a rotisserie properly fitting on there.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

armpit

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #588 on: May 06, 2016, 08:54:10 PM »
Nice. I was wondering about a roti. I do think the Joetisserie is a good design.  http://www.kamadojoe.com/joetisserie/
And also the Kamado Mate. They are similar. I wonder what's different in the patents.

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #589 on: May 20, 2016, 06:48:26 AM »
My wife was in SLC, Utah last week and took this pic of a billboard …. She was a passenger.

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #590 on: May 20, 2016, 09:09:41 AM »
I find this kind of interesting because I don't think we have any members in the Salt Lake area, and I search SLC craigslist pretty regularly and there is NEVER anything in Salt Lake.  Anyone else seen billboards?
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #591 on: May 20, 2016, 09:28:09 AM »
I've seen a Weber billboard in Austin TX

Mknaub

• Happy Cooker
Has anyhone heard a rumor....
« Reply #592 on: May 20, 2016, 06:32:07 PM »
I'm in the Salt Lake area. I have never posted on the site before. So hello for the first time from SLC.

I picked that one up on KSL.com which has a classified section. I look at KSL more than Craigslist. And locally I bet more people use KSL then Craigslist.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: May 20, 2016, 06:40:04 PM by Mknaub »

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #593 on: May 20, 2016, 07:02:43 PM »
Welcome to the site from Omaha, @Mknaub !

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #594 on: May 20, 2016, 09:16:38 PM »
Nice kettle ya got ther.  Didn't even know (never heard of) KSL ???  Any how, welcome to the WKC from Eugene, Oregon.                           SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #595 on: May 21, 2016, 07:03:57 AM »
Welcome, @Mknaub! Glad to have you onboard. Don't be shy to post more. 8)