Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A Screwed-up SS Performer  (Read 9675 times)

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
Re: A Screwed-up SS Performer
« Reply #45 on: February 27, 2016, 04:35:19 PM »
@Hell Fire Grill   ...    RRR  to the nth degree.   Congrats !!!                    SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #46 on: March 03, 2016, 07:20:10 PM »
Today I got busy and welded the donor grill to the blue...in the correct position this time. It aint pretty but it came out nice and tight fitting. The next owner can modify it to his liking, all it really needs is the gas assist and it'll grill & L&S for years to come. I have an idea for an alternative gas control that ill tinker with in the next few days, maybe.

The sweeper blades will wear another hole through the bottom of the kettle before they rust away. I made them out of 1/8" thick angle iron welded to a big fat washer and a pipe going through the kettle, to the handle. Recycled the old handle back to the grill.

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #47 on: March 03, 2016, 07:48:37 PM »
Amazing work. I really like that sweep.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #48 on: March 04, 2016, 05:17:09 AM »
Impressive all the way around.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #49 on: March 04, 2016, 06:38:55 AM »
Sounds like you need to get a job as you have way too much time on your hands!  LOL.  Very impressive!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #50 on: March 05, 2016, 07:04:34 AM »
Thanks Everyone!

My mistake that sweeper handle is off another grill. I haven't dissected the old drive assembly, with the handle still attached, and reconditioned it yet. The cross bar and other parts are still stuck together for now. Most of it will get recycled into other grills, unless the thumb screw breaks in the process.

This was a fun project, but Im not spending any money on it to complete it. The donor grill was saved from the garbage truck so it was free and all the other parts I made from used junk (read it Im cheap). Further restoration will have to be done by the proud new owner when they buy it, there's plenty tinkering to be done cleaning it up more and replacing the gas assist parts that are missing (tank, coupler, & regulator). I think a little high temp paint, to prevent rust, would be appropriate for this project.

It works perfectly and with a minimal amount of care, but more than before, it'll cook for 25 more years now.

There is a shiny red grill project already in the works, but it looks like I need to get a job instead.

You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #51 on: March 12, 2016, 09:27:24 PM »
In order to get the T&G working I used some pieces from an old weber gasser, I have another old dead ditched gasser someone left just off a forest road near the north east part of Mt.St.Helens.

I cant leave garbage lay in a place like that so its been laying in my scrap pile for a few years now. I guess the forest seemed like the ideal place to store a gasser that got ran over by a semi, to someone...but not me. The junk lives now.

This regulator and hose came off the abandoned gasser.

The little brass dohicky between the hose and the elbow came from the manifold off a weber gasser. The orifice and elbow are original.

And for fun I tryed the regulator off an old Go Anywhere gas grill. The cylinder was a tight fit next to the coal bin so I went with the abandoned an unwanted parts instead. Its pain in the back side for a fat boring ol'fuck like me to reach in there and screw withe the gas anyways.

The sparker already worked when I got the grill.

Im messing it up good for the next guy.