Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Another pizza  (Read 3813 times)

hoochiemama

• Smokey Joe
Another pizza
« on: February 21, 2016, 06:22:34 PM »
I got a pizza queue a couple weeks ago and this is actually the third try. First was Bobby flay dough. Second was trader joes. Definitely flay was better! 

Tonight was flay again. I tried it thinner this time with with 4 crusts out of one recipe.

Looks fantastic. I've been itching for a nice thin crust. Luckily my wife was in the kitchen tonight! 

Started the queue with chimney of kb. Then another chimney of Royal oak. And another. Finally some chunks of hickory and mesquite. Somehow my weber hickory chunks were way bigger than my mesquite chunks so went with them.

Got it going nice and hot then proceeded to cook four pies back to back.

So far this is the best of the three pizza cooks I've done!

Pics:

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Another pizza
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 06:25:08 PM »
Those look grate !!!

Cool shot with the fire back under there !!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

hoochiemama

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #2 on: February 21, 2016, 07:34:46 PM »
Thanks!  It tasted pretty good. Looking forward to trying to perfect it.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 06:37:45 AM »
Looks awesome!  I have also gone to creating 4 crusts from the Bobby Flay recipe.  It is fun getting better and better with each cook getting the pizza dough, fire, and cook dialed in.  Might have to do some pizzas tonight!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 07:06:31 AM »
Those pies look delicious! 

Is it this Bobby Flay recipe that you're referring to?:

http://www.foodnetwork.com/recipes/bobby-flay/pizza-dough-recipe.html

Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: February 22, 2016, 07:12:21 AM »
@MacEggs -  Thats the one I use.  And I don't have a mixer, so I just do it with my hands.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #6 on: February 22, 2016, 07:37:26 AM »
Your pizza looks great. I'm looking forward to making dough for thin crust pizza, myself.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: February 22, 2016, 08:34:47 AM »
FYI -  I have been able to successfully refridgerate the bobby flay dough and use it the next day.  Followed recipe, then cut into 4 pieces, use two, let the other two rise again per instructions, then put in tupperware and stuck in the fridge.  The next day or maybe it was the day after that, removed from fridge several hours prior to use so it could get back to room temp (with tupperware lid just resting unsealed on top of the container.  Dough needs to get back to room temp, then should start rising and warming itself then is ready to use.

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: February 22, 2016, 02:06:24 PM »

FYI -  I have been able to successfully refridgerate the bobby flay dough and use it the next day.  Followed recipe, then cut into 4 pieces, use two, let the other two rise again per instructions, then put in tupperware and stuck in the fridge.  The next day or maybe it was the day after that, removed from fridge several hours prior to use so it could get back to room temp (with tupperware lid just resting unsealed on top of the container.  Dough needs to get back to room temp, then should start rising and warming itself then is ready to use.

Nice to know for sure. Cool.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk