Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WSM section?  (Read 7769 times)

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
Re: WSM section?
« Reply #15 on: February 03, 2016, 07:03:39 AM »
Mike, that idea works for me.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #16 on: February 03, 2016, 10:56:38 AM »
@Troy It seems that between this post and the CI post, people are a bit ticked off about not being able to get new sections added.  I myself see this as the weber KETTLE club and think this site does a good job of focusing on Kettles.  To me the WSM falls into the existing categories since it is a Weber product and is bascially a kettle with a large insert in the middle.  I'm wondering if creating a "Other cooking methods" category would take care of creating one more section (and that is it) that could encompass CI, stovetop cooking, oven cooking, open pits, etc...  In the end we are all foodies to some extent so a category for seeing other cooking ideas might not  be so bad.  Also, you can usually adapt most "other" cooking styles to the kettle.  Seems that might be a good way of making everyone happy while not making this site to crazy with tons of subforum catergories like a lot of other sites have.

I don't think anyone is 'ticked off' :P

I'm curious as to what WSM section supporters want to discuss regarding the WSM.
Are you looking for a section to talk about mods and techniques? Or share cooks?
There's already a place to share cooks. If anyone can find 15+ WSM topics and link them in a reply here, I'll create a WSM section and move those topics to it.

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: February 03, 2016, 02:18:58 PM »
You can try to shoehorn everything into other categories, but that's just as confusing as adding sections. 

While I can understand that CI is really just a tool, like GrillGrates or a rotisserie, and wouldn't need its own section anymore than you need a section for the Vortex.

The WSM is a different beast, though. It's not a cooking tool, it's a cooker.  Plus a large number of Kettle owners, many who are already members here, also own WSMs. 

I'll that there are almost as many WSM owners or potential owners, that it compares with the "many people have a Genesis or Q" that already have their own section.

BD

The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: February 03, 2016, 02:28:09 PM »
I personally would show off all my cooks. Not much to mod or different cooking techniques.

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: February 03, 2016, 03:57:24 PM »
I wont lose sleep whether a wsm section is created.
But its a fourn so continuing this thread discussion.
Personally i never visit the gas subforum..
Id visit the wsm forum as often as the kettle based subforums.
Imo the wsm pairs much tighter with kettles than gas grills.
Again..not gona lose sleep either way.
Grills

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: February 03, 2016, 03:59:43 PM »
I actuallt always fire up a performer an hr prior to a wsm cook being done to sear the meat for the final IT 10 degrees to crisp sear the meat
I find the meat straight off a wsm to be too soft.
Grills

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #21 on: February 03, 2016, 04:19:17 PM »

I personally would show off all my cooks. Not much to mod or different cooking techniques.

You can show off all your cooks now, in the forum created just for showing your cooks.
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/bbq-food-pics/

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: February 03, 2016, 04:26:18 PM »
That's where I have been showing off. Like toolhead said, I will not lose any sleep over it.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #23 on: February 03, 2016, 04:34:35 PM »
That's where I have been showing off. Like toolhead said, I will not lose any sleep over it.

Oh ok. I don't see a problem with adding it. I just want to make sure you knew there is a place to show off cooks, and that location won't change.

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: February 03, 2016, 07:30:37 PM »
I initially said I would like a WSM section, but as I have thought about it, I am fine either way. I have had WSM questions and was able to post them and get answers without having a dedicated section. There is something to be said for the simplicity of fewer sections.  I guess the only question I would have is do you think the site is losing quality posts that members would be interested in due to the lack of a WSM section?

Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #25 on: February 04, 2016, 07:01:25 AM »
Hey all,
I do not have WSM yet.  It is high on the wish list though.   As stated earlier, I wouldn't lose sleep either way, but...I would absolutely check on a WSM section daily.
There is currently an existing Gas and Electric cooker thread, which IMO, shouldn't be on a Kettle/charcoal specific site.   So, why not a WSM?
I know most everyone on this site helpful and knowledgeable and ANY question that comes up (being a cooker, food, gasser, fuel, etc) will be answered with appropriate responses regardless(to a point) of the section it appears in.
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie

jdefran

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: February 04, 2016, 08:40:04 AM »
If anyone can find 15+ WSM topics and link them in a reply here, I'll create a WSM section and move those topics to it.
Didn't realize there was a history when I asked the question.

Without hyperlinking all the threads, this might search might about to 15+ WSM threads: https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aweberkettleclub+wsm&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=site:weberkettleclub.com+wsm&start=0

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #27 on: February 04, 2016, 09:27:23 AM »
If anyone can find 15+ WSM topics and link them in a reply here, I'll create a WSM section and move those topics to it.
Didn't realize there was a history when I asked the question.

Without hyperlinking all the threads, this might search might about to 15+ WSM threads: https://www.google.com/search?q=site%3Aweberkettleclub+wsm&ie=utf-8&oe=utf-8#q=site:weberkettleclub.com+wsm&start=0

I've been waiting for someone to post that :P
according to @pbe gummi bear there are 450 threads with WSM in their title.
Looks like we're getting a WSM section

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #28 on: February 04, 2016, 10:51:24 AM »
What's a WSM?
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

EricD

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: February 04, 2016, 10:56:13 AM »
What's a WSM?
A Wicked Smokin' Machine!!!!!
22" Kettle black, 18" Kettle black,Genesis S-310 Stainless Gasser, Genesis Silver Edition Gasser, 22" Weber Smoky Mountain, 28" Blackstone Griddle, Blackstone Pizza oven, Maverick ET-732
ThermaPop, Grillaholics Grill Mat, PizzaQue, Kettle Rotiserrie