Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: WSM section?  (Read 7770 times)

jdefran

• WKC Brave
WSM section?
« on: January 29, 2016, 05:00:05 PM »
I realize the name of the website has kettle in it but it seems enough kettle heads have a WSM or even a mini WSM to warrant a WSM section.

It might compete with tvwbb site but it doesn't seems very active over there..

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
Re: WSM section?
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2016, 05:48:36 PM »
Good luck with that,,,,cast iron section was suggested also but that rejected

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 30, 2016, 09:09:49 AM »
Yeah . . . .

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: January 30, 2016, 03:32:06 PM »
We declined a WSM section originally, but it might be time to re-think that.

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: January 30, 2016, 05:42:27 PM »
I would love a WSM section. I cook a lot on my kettles and the WSM. I don't go to the TVWBB often. Kind of overwhelming. I like this place. Nice and small. Everyone is helpful.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 30, 2016, 08:01:10 PM »

I would love a WSM section. I cook a lot on my kettles and the WSM. I don't go to the TVWBB often. Kind of overwhelming. I like this place. Nice and small. Everyone is helpful.

Agreed.

Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2016, 12:23:53 PM »

We had a request earlier to create a "Cast Iron cooking section"  would creating new sections on the site start to take the simplicity out of it?  I agree there are a lot of different sections @ TVWBB, partly why I would like to change some of the existing sections instead of adding new.  Just my opinion.
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

tb80

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2016, 05:12:39 PM »
I wouldn't want a bunch of different sections either but I like the idea of the WSM section.  I also wish there was a way you could look at all the unread threads and not the unread threads by section?
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

toolhead

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: February 01, 2016, 05:28:58 PM »
Im in the camp that kettles go hand in hand with wsm ( for most of us).
 The percentage of kettle owners that own wsms imo will only increase...

maybe interesting (if the wkc statesmen agree) to see the posts volume/ content if a wsm section is added....im predicting a wsm subforum would balloon posts volume fairly quickly
Change is the only constant.....
« Last Edit: February 01, 2016, 05:32:29 PM by toolhead »
Grills

iCARRY

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: February 01, 2016, 05:44:34 PM »
I am going to make pork burnt ends tomorrow, probably going to use my WSM, probably won't post about it cause it isn't on a kettle. I never post on TVWBB. So the world will probably never see tomorrow's cook.

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
WSM section?
« Reply #10 on: February 01, 2016, 06:01:20 PM »
Weber Smokey Mountain Cookers are pretty cool, as far as charcoal smokers go. However, Weber KETTLES are  nothing short of ICONIC AND SIMPLY INCREDIBLE. Everyone has their opinion though, and I'm fine either way.

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #11 on: February 01, 2016, 06:18:12 PM »
Im in the camp that kettles go hand in hand with wsm ( for most of us).
The percentage of kettle owners that own wsms imo will only increase...

The WKC forum decorum marks it as the hallmark of grilling intercommunications  :D   With several cooking locations to visit, WKC is MY go to location  ...  it's the members and their attitudes  ;)

To add a topic for WSM or not is not for me to decide, I need ONLY decide:  "Too BEEF, or NOT to BEEF".                     SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2016, 03:19:12 AM »

I wouldn't want a bunch of different sections either but I like the idea of the WSM section.  I also wish there was a way you could look at all the unread threads and not the unread threads by section?

Tapatalk app does this quite nicely

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2016, 04:08:35 AM »

Tapatalk app does this quite nicely

X2.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2016, 06:28:10 AM »
@Troy It seems that between this post and the CI post, people are a bit ticked off about not being able to get new sections added.  I myself see this as the weber KETTLE club and think this site does a good job of focusing on Kettles.  To me the WSM falls into the existing categories since it is a Weber product and is bascially a kettle with a large insert in the middle.  I'm wondering if creating a "Other cooking methods" category would take care of creating one more section (and that is it) that could encompass CI, stovetop cooking, oven cooking, open pits, etc...  In the end we are all foodies to some extent so a category for seeing other cooking ideas might not  be so bad.  Also, you can usually adapt most "other" cooking styles to the kettle.  Seems that might be a good way of making everyone happy while not making this site to crazy with tons of subforum catergories like a lot of other sites have.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!