Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Portobello Pizza  (Read 1047 times)

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
Portobello Pizza
« on: February 21, 2016, 05:46:38 AM »
Grilled Cabbage and chicken

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Re: Portobello Pizza
« Reply #1 on: February 21, 2016, 09:40:09 AM »
Those are pretty neat Idahawk I want to try those. I absolutely love grilled cabbage.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #2 on: February 22, 2016, 06:46:45 AM »
Everything looks great!  The portobello pizzas are a great idea that I've never seen before.  Giving me all kinds of spin off ideas.....like a portobello with cheese then a smaller burger stuff on top of it.  How was the grilled cabage?  I'm thinking still a bit crunchy so like a charred coleslaw?
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: February 22, 2016, 07:20:44 AM »

Everything looks great!  The portobello pizzas are a great idea that I've never seen before.  Giving me all kinds of spin off ideas.....like a portobello with cheese then a smaller burger stuff on top of it.  How was the grilled cabage?  I'm thinking still a bit crunchy so like a charred coleslaw?

The cabbage is delicious , a quick char over direct heat and then you can move it over to indirect and cook it as long as you want to a desired tenderness you like, it has so much moisture in it,  it steams itself.
 Brush with EVOo or bacon grease , salt and pepper or a vinaigrette  like I made . I've chopped this and made coleslaw and it's really good too. 

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Saugust

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 22, 2016, 09:51:19 AM »
Oh man, I love cabbage and that looks incredible. Good work on the banana boats too.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Growing family = growing kettles!