Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: The perks of being a truck driver  (Read 4960 times)

Russell C.

• WKC Brave
Re: The perks of being a truck driver
« Reply #15 on: January 07, 2016, 06:28:55 AM »
Nice pick-ups Mike!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #16 on: January 07, 2016, 06:32:07 AM »
Great pick ups, @weldboy ! Love that 18, especially.

I've got a semi beat up ash pan you can have.

..and @MikeRocksTheRed , good on you. This^^ is what I love to see. One fella helping another fella, with no hesitation. Way to keep that kettle karma going!

I've been waiting for someone who needed a ashpan for months!  Happy to help out.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: January 07, 2016, 07:17:36 AM »

Nice pick-ups Mike!

Thanks Russ !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: January 07, 2016, 07:44:07 AM »
When I was young I always wanted to drive a truck. Problem now is I would be running over so much stuff with it that it would not end well for me and my "career". Sure would be handy picking things up though..

Congrats on your "steals"...they would be a great addition to anyone's collection for sure!

Atlsud

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #19 on: January 07, 2016, 07:47:53 AM »
Great pick ups, @weldboy ! Love that 18, especially.

I've got a semi beat up ash pan you can have.

..and @MikeRocksTheRed , good on you. This^^ is what I love to see. One fella helping another fella, with no hesitation. Way to keep that kettle karma going!

Damn, I needed a pan as well.  Hopefully, I will get lucky too. Lol

I've been waiting for someone who needed a ashpan for months!  Happy to help out.

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: January 07, 2016, 09:00:47 AM »
Sweet!
May The Smoke Be With You!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #21 on: January 07, 2016, 09:21:41 AM »
Wow - both awesome finds but that black 18 is a real gem! Congrats!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #22 on: January 07, 2016, 10:15:53 AM »
Brings a whole new meaning to  "it's in the truck" !!!!!

Great finds !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: January 07, 2016, 03:31:15 PM »
Awesome finds, and what a great price! Can't wait to see them cleaned up and cooking!

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: January 08, 2016, 04:03:21 AM »
Free domestic shipping ....

Called a couple of days ago on two kettles in Cedar Rapids about two hours from where I live. As luck would have it my route goes to Cedar Rapids on Thursday and the seller was nice enough to hold both kettles for me. The blue mastertouch is a cooker not a looker but the black 18 is a thumbscrew! And it is in fantastic condition. Both for $70 total!

Nice score, right in my own backyard.  I saw these on Craigslist and then a few minutes later they were taken down.  I probably would have held off anyway since I've been calling in a little too much "grill capital" with the wife lately.  Didn't realized the 18 was a thumbscrew.  Congrats!

BTW, I knew you were close but didn't realize you make it to Cedar Rapids regularly.  Maybe we can do some deals sometime.

Mitch

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: January 08, 2016, 04:19:27 AM »

Free domestic shipping ....

Called a couple of days ago on two kettles in Cedar Rapids about two hours from where I live. As luck would have it my route goes to Cedar Rapids on Thursday and the seller was nice enough to hold both kettles for me. The blue mastertouch is a cooker not a looker but the black 18 is a thumbscrew! And it is in fantastic condition. Both for $70 total!

Nice score, right in my own backyard.  I saw these on Craigslist and then a few minutes later they were taken down.  I probably would have held off anyway since I've been calling in a little too much "grill capital" with the wife lately.  Didn't realized the 18 was a thumbscrew.  Congrats!

BTW, I knew you were close but didn't realize you make it to Cedar Rapids regularly.  Maybe we can do some deals sometime.

Mitch

I'm in CR/Marion Tuesdays and Thursdays if you ever see something in dsm you want or if you want to do a trade etc

Mike

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk