Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: You guys are a bad influence  (Read 14767 times)

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
Re: You guys are a bad influence
« Reply #75 on: January 26, 2016, 03:37:36 AM »
lol, yes yes first world problems.  I have an SS grate I can pull off one of my other kettles anyway.  Who knows, maybe I'll actually like the gourmet system (tho I'm skeptical). 8)

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
You guys are a bad influence
« Reply #76 on: January 26, 2016, 04:14:55 AM »
lol, yes yes first world problems.  I have an SS grate I can pull off one of my other kettles anyway.  Who knows, maybe I'll actually like the gourmet system (tho I'm skeptical). 8)

I was too, but it really is fine. The center piece stays put pretty well

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 26, 2016, 04:42:50 AM by weldboy »

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #77 on: January 26, 2016, 06:59:45 AM »

Just got the gourmet grate about a month ago and I love it.  As long as you are leaning your grate against something when its off of the grill and not at a total veritacal it the center stays on just fine.  I love being able to take the center out when I use my vortex and now that I have the SNS, I'm thinking I might remove the center if I do a beer can chicken so I can put the chicken on the coal grate and still have a cooking grate surrounding the chicken to cook other items on while the chichken is going.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #78 on: January 26, 2016, 07:12:58 AM »

Just got the gourmet grate about a month ago and I love it.  As long as you are leaning your grate against something when its off of the grill and not at a total veritacal it the center stays on just fine.  I love being able to take the center out when I use my vortex and now that I have the SNS, I'm thinking I might remove the center if I do a beer can chicken so I can put the chicken on the coal grate and still have a cooking grate surrounding the chicken to cook other items on while the chichken is going.

Bingo

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #79 on: January 30, 2016, 03:43:39 AM »

Bingo

That's not a bad idea.

Well the grill arrived last night.  I haven't taken it out of the box yet but the picture on the side clearly shows the BBQ Gourmet System.  I guess I'll be figuring out how much I like it.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #80 on: January 30, 2016, 08:14:22 AM »
Can't find the link but I bought a handle with a little L-shape end to lift out my center when it's hot, like if I forgot to put a drip pan beneath or want to light the smaller Weber chimney without removing the main grate. I hook the center on one of the metal hooks my SS Performer has.

But if you have welding or other heat gloves you'll see you can just push down on a corner and it'll flip up enough to grab if it's hot.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #81 on: January 30, 2016, 11:43:47 AM »
Can't find the link but I bought a handle with a little L-shape end to lift out my center when it's hot, like if I forgot to put a drip pan beneath or want to light the smaller Weber chimney without removing the main grate. I hook the center on one of the metal hooks my SS Performer has.

But if you have welding or other heat gloves you'll see you can just push down on a corner and it'll flip up enough to grab if it's hot.

I've got a grate tool that should work really well.  I better get my butt in gear and put the thing together.  Been a busy day.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #82 on: January 30, 2016, 11:45:09 AM »
Enjoy it, great grill. Love that color as well!

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #83 on: January 31, 2016, 02:04:32 AM »
Got the grill assembled yesterday and she's a beauty.

Just assembled, but forgot to put the timer in:

Five minutes later...

I'm not sure I'll ever use the Gourmet Grate.  The circle in the middle is annoying and the grates are too thick. 

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #84 on: January 31, 2016, 01:44:17 PM »
Got the grill assembled yesterday and she's a beauty.

I couldn't agree more  ...  great choice.
I'm not sure I'll ever use the Gourmet Grate.  The circle in the middle is annoying and the grates are too thick.

If you lived in Eugene, I'd direct swap you for my NIB 22.5" hinged cooking grate :)                          SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
« Reply #85 on: January 31, 2016, 04:24:38 PM »
The gourmet grate is great for what it's intended for (accessories), and when using the vortex.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #86 on: February 01, 2016, 11:51:50 AM »
The gourmet grate is great for what it's intended for (accessories), and when using the vortex.

Yeah I could definitely see using it with the Vortex. 

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #87 on: February 01, 2016, 01:18:52 PM »
Heard back from ACME Tools regarding the incorrect information on their Weber Performer Product Page.  They apologized and have ordered an SS grate for me.  They're also having the description corrected.  Great job all around on their part.  Quick shipping and great post purchase customer service.  Same way we run ABC.

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #88 on: February 03, 2016, 10:16:14 AM »

Heard back from ACME Tools regarding the incorrect information on their Weber Performer Product Page.  They apologized and have ordered an SS grate for me.  They're also having the description corrected.  Great job all around on their part.  Quick shipping and great post purchase customer service.  Same way we run ABC.

Nice! Great customer service

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #89 on: February 03, 2016, 04:02:03 PM »

Nice! Great customer service

Really was.  I'll post again when I get the grate just so everyone knows they followed through.  8)