Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: You guys are a bad influence  (Read 14769 times)

jcnaz

• WKC Performer
Re: You guys are a bad influence
« Reply #45 on: January 15, 2016, 04:52:24 AM »
Not a bad deal. It is the same price as current colors on Amazon.  The only Crimson on Amazon is a good chunk more money.
A bunch of black kettles
-JC

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #46 on: January 15, 2016, 04:57:59 AM »
I have a regular crimson OTG and I like it because it is not your standard black (and for some reason I feel the need to get all the colors), but the color does not "pop" like the blue or standout like the copper.

Ace also sells the crimson.

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #47 on: January 15, 2016, 05:27:19 AM »
So it's not a cheap backyard bargain, but I did find this Crimson red performer deluxe online, which is surprising as I didn't think they were making red anymore.  What do you guys think of the Crimson Red

It's free shipping and no tax, so that's a bit of a discount I suppose.

I always wince a little when someone asks what WE "think" about a certain color. Opinions are fun, but if you like it nothing else matters.

Here's the deal. Weber non-blacks have mostly been matte (not bright/glossy) colors in recent years. If you go to any of the European Weber sites you'll see these (albeit in yet different colors.)

The Crimson Red was last year's or maybe 2014? I forget. For unused machines, the only exception I'm aware of that's not black/copper/green (available anywhere) is the blue sold by Crate and Barrel: http://www.crateandbarrel.com/weber-blue-performer-deluxe-charcoal-grill/s379523

If you like a color you could buy the bowl and lid from Weber and use it with any Craigslist Performer. Some older or discontinued bowl and lid colors might still be available from Weber as parts.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
« Reply #48 on: January 15, 2016, 09:46:48 AM »
Reds Rule, @ABCbarbecue the Crimson Performer you found is most likely 2014 (says SS grate) the 2015 performers have Gourmet Barbecue System grate. (opinions on GBS inserts vary)

I believe the stainless grate will holdup better with the high heat your Slow n Sear is capable of producing.
...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #49 on: January 15, 2016, 09:49:04 AM »
Reds Rule, @ABCbarbecue the Crimson Performer you found is most likely 2014 (says SS grate) the 2015 performers have Gourmet Barbecue System grate. (opinions on GBS inserts vary)

I believe the stainless grate will holdup better with the high heat your Slow n Sear is capable of producing.

I can't say I'm a fan of the GBS so the 2014 with SS sounds like it's the way to go.  Are there any other differences?

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #50 on: January 15, 2016, 09:53:13 AM »
@ABCbarbecue -  I guess SNS sales have gone up if you are looking at a brand new grill now!  If you want to spend the money on a new one then go for it.  I prefer to wait around for good CL or Offerup deals.  Having a new one that will be under warranty is never a bad thing. 
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #51 on: January 15, 2016, 09:59:55 AM »
@ABCbarbecue -  I guess SNS sales have gone up if you are looking at a brand new grill now!  If you want to spend the money on a new one then go for it.  I prefer to wait around for good CL or Offerup deals.  Having a new one that will be under warranty is never a bad thing.

I think it's most fair to say I want to make sure I have the right grill for all the photos and promoting I'm going to be doing of the SnS, so money is a secondary consideration.  ;)

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #52 on: January 15, 2016, 10:12:38 AM »
I have to agree (on all points.)

Someone here could verify SS grate but being the Deluxe model I'm confident in the description. That is the only difference I would know by glance.

-If I hadn't picked up a Mostly restored Red "EZ" SSP back in 9/2015 I would've jumped on that link already.

https://goo.gl/photos/SbyUXEAuuvuj5S6M8

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #53 on: January 15, 2016, 10:22:13 AM »

I think it's most fair to say I want to make sure I have the right grill for all the photos and promoting I'm going to be doing of the SnS, so money is a secondary consideration.  ;)

That makes  a lot of sense!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #54 on: January 15, 2016, 11:20:16 AM »
That makes  a lot of sense!

Of course now I'm wondering if I should go green to match my BGE (which I'm also working on an accessory for).... or maybe I should go black to match my 26" kettle.  Ugh.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #55 on: January 15, 2016, 11:25:31 AM »
I wonder if you can contact weber about making you a custom kettle with your logo on the lid?  It would be interesting to see how much they would charge for that if they would even do it at all.  Might be able to get them to give a deal if you also out the weber logo on the lid as well so you can promote them as you are promoting your products.

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #56 on: January 15, 2016, 12:10:50 PM »
Colors are likely different (not the distinction intended, perhaps)
~the Weber green won't be the same tint as BGE, etc.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #57 on: January 15, 2016, 12:18:40 PM »
Colors are likely different (not the distinction intended, perhaps)
~the Weber green won't be the same tint as BGE, etc.

True that.  Black to match my 26" might be the best bet.

ABCbarbecue

• WKC Brave
« Reply #58 on: January 15, 2016, 12:21:03 PM »
I wonder if you can contact weber about making you a custom kettle with your logo on the lid?  It would be interesting to see how much they would charge for that if they would even do it at all.  Might be able to get them to give a deal if you also out the weber logo on the lid as well so you can promote them as you are promoting your products.

Not a bad idea.  You know it's really hard to market a product that hides itself in another product.  If someone looks at the Slow 'N Sear by itself they have no idea what it does.  If they look at it in a grill many times they don't even notice it.   :(

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #59 on: January 15, 2016, 12:24:15 PM »
Though for video purposes, the kettle sizes might be better distinguished by some color.