Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: New Years Eve cook  (Read 916 times)

Jocool

• WKC Ranger
    • Sydneyangler Inc.
New Years Eve cook
« on: January 03, 2016, 12:52:06 AM »
New Years Eve is my day to host the family. And I always try and do something different.

This year I decided to go with some lamb shoulders. I basically bought four lamb forequarters and stuffed them with garlic and rosemary. I then rubbed them with my own concoction of herbs and spices.

And then they were relocated to their temporary residence in my freshly refurbished Ranch kettle. And stayed there for approximately 12 hours.

There were also various flavours of wings. I cooked about 10kg on two other kettles. I smoked them for about an hour and a half and then flashed them to char for a minute a side.

And at roughly twelve hours, we were ready to rock. I didn't have time to rest the meat, but I don't think it was too detrimental.

It shredded fairly easily, but because it was bone-in, it was a bit tedious.

On a toasted soy and linseed sourdough,  with some salad and a yoghurt, garlic and mint sauce, dinner was ready! 😉

Plenty of lubrication was supplied...and consumed.

And no self-respecting train driver would be without his train whistle! 😂😂😂😂 This proved to be very popular with the kids...and the kids at heart.

I tried to upload a video of the effect the whistle had on people, but it wouldn't load.

And this is why I do this. To see all my family and friends, gathered around and gappy.

Sent from my SM-N910G using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 12:54:40 AM by Jocool »
If it breathes, we can cook it!

MINIgrillin

• WKC Ranger
Re: New Years Eve cook
« Reply #1 on: January 03, 2016, 05:49:39 AM »
I'm not a fan of lamb but I would eat that sandwich. Looks friggin delicious! That's a lot of people to host. ...but with an RK in the stable it wasn't a problem I'm sure. Happy New Year
Seville. CnB performer:blue,green,gray. 26r. 18otg. Karubeque C-60.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Re: New Years Eve cook
« Reply #2 on: January 03, 2016, 02:19:13 PM »
Very nice! Never had pulled lamb but with the fat in the shoulder I can see it being fantastic! You have my wheels turning!