Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: George Cooking on two Ranch Kettles  (Read 6033 times)

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
Re: George Cooking on two Ranch Kettles
« Reply #15 on: December 29, 2015, 09:39:37 PM »
Great pics and info ...  it looks like a shooting club w/ a chance to show off the larger cooker for events ???                                 SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 10:19:22 PM »
Love the shot in the shop!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: December 30, 2015, 05:53:23 AM »
While reading the front page  to one of the issues of The Grill Out Times, Mike Kempster talks about how in the early days they would always cook turkeys on these demo cooks , because they were dirt cheap and there would always be leftovers for the crew to eat.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 05:57:17 AM »

Great pics and info ...  it looks like a shooting club w/ a chance to show off the larger cooker for events ???                                 SJ

I do see a few guys with guns out in the distance ( upper right hand corner of the picture ) could be a skeet shoot ?

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2015, 10:00:45 AM »
Almost looks like a country club of some sort in the first shot? or shuffleboard club? Very cool

I do see a few guys with guns out in the distance ( upper right hand corner of the picture ) could be a skeet shoot ?

Yup, I always found skeet shooting much easier on a shuffleboard court     ;D   ;)

The workshop image could be a ranch, but since they were still making buoys, maybe that's what it is? That's such a nice image.

Dude, relax your chicken.

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2015, 10:05:17 AM »

Almost looks like a country club of some sort in the first shot? or shuffleboard club? Very cool

Yup, I always found skeet shooting much easier on a shuffleboard court     ;D   ;)

The workshop image could be a ranch, but since they were still making buoys, maybe that's what it is? That's such a nice image.

I guess your right , looks like that dudes holding a shot gun , but it's probably not lol

SixZeroFour

« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2015, 10:19:01 AM »
It does kinda look like a gun :) but if you look at the group of guys pictured in front and to the right of them they are leaning similarly onto the shuffleboard poles... there also appears to be a small paved area in front of him like the other courts(?)

Whatever it is - I want to be there! 8)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
George Cooking on two Ranch Kettles
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 12:08:25 PM »
It does kinda look like a gun :) but if you look at the group of guys pictured in front and to the right of them they are leaning similarly onto the shuffleboard poles... there also appears to be a small paved area in front of him like the other courts(?)

Whatever it is - I want to be there! 8)

The only shuffleboard I know involves being in a bar, there's beer, sand and no poles :) 

« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 04:28:35 PM by Idahawk »

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2015, 04:53:46 PM »
Check out those 5 dudes standing in front of the big RK's watching the guy cook. Look at the guy on the end on the right side. He sort of looks like a skinny Al Capone. The picture was taken in Chicago, probably near Weber HQ, correct? That could be big Al himself and them other dudes could be Frank Nitty, John Dillinger, Melvin Purvis, and Alvin "Creepy" Karpis. Might be a gangster picnic going on?
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:27:59 PM by ramsfan »
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: December 30, 2015, 10:55:43 PM »
Hummmmm, @ramsfan  ...  soooooo, you think that FBI agent extraordinaire Melvin Purvis was actually mobbed up and that's why it took so long to gun down JD, Pretty Boy Floyd, etc. ???  That's an interesting idea, very forward thinking.     :)   ;D                         SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: December 31, 2015, 05:45:33 AM »
Hummmmm, @ramsfan  ...  soooooo, you think that FBI agent extraordinaire Melvin Purvis was actually mobbed up and that's why it took so long to gun down JD, Pretty Boy Floyd, etc. ???  That's an interesting idea, very forward thinking.     :)   ;D                         SJ

It's a joke. Don't take it seriously. Just having a little fun that's all.
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #26 on: December 31, 2015, 08:04:35 AM »
it looks like sand, not concrete.

i'd wager they were tossing horseshoes in the background. 

excellent images!

edit: i just noticed the little pieces of wood under each leg of the ranches.  i do this with the front leg every time i cook on grass.  great minds!   ;D
« Last Edit: December 31, 2015, 08:06:21 AM by GregS »
I only use kettles with lid bales.

stubblebum

• WKC Brave
« Reply #27 on: December 31, 2015, 08:16:25 AM »
I was wondering what the beverage of choice was as most of them with a can in hand appear to be of the same variety.