Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber Table Review  (Read 9128 times)

indy82z

• WKC Ranger
Weber Table Review
« on: December 23, 2015, 02:34:32 AM »
Now, I will be the first person to admit that I thought a table for $59.95 was a gimmick and there was no way I was going to pay that much for simply a place to put my grill on, but getting my hands on this little table has really proven how great it really is. First off, thanks to @robjones1184 for first purchasing this table and lending me the Go-Anwhere for the pics. Truth be told, had he not let me borrow it, I never would have figured out how useful and handy this table actually is and bought my own. My dilemma was that I do a lot of smoking with my Mini WSM and always looking for a good place to put it since we use my patio table for eating and entertaining. I wanted a place that I did not have to worry about it getting bumped over or in the way. But enough of that..lets get to the meat and potatoes of this review:

Here is the box that the table came in. For as light as the table is, it is surprisingly sturdy:

Here is the table after the two minute assembly (really, its that easy, legs just slid in, but more on that later):

As notated on the box, this table is made to fit the Smokey Joe, Jumbo Joe and the Go-Anywhere model:

Here it is with the Smokey Joe mounted on it (Wow the vent gets dirty from prolonged smoking in it):

The Jumbp Joe:

And the Go-Anywhere:

The table comes with the legs stored in a convenient location under the table for easy mobility and storage:

To remove the legs, simply press the tabs in and slide them out:

Then, as simple as they came out, the just snap into the legs sockets and then you are all done:

The table even comes with a handy handle for carrying it around. The front logo Weber emblem acts as a handle:

As well as tool hooks on both sides of it for hanging spatulas and tongs:

Basically, how this works is that there are slots in the table top that each grills legs fit into. You then slide the front knob over to lock the grill into place on the table:

As a little bonus, during clearance time at Target, I was able to score a Weber Cover for the folding table Performer (Model 7151) for under $7 (see I told my wife I would find a use for it) and it fit the table great. It even came with a piece of velcro to wrap around the back leg to keep the cover from blowing away:

So there you have it. In my opinion, its a great little table that solved the problem I had of where to place my smaller grills when cooking or smoking while not worrying about anyone knocking the grill off the table we were sitting at or it getting in the way on my patio table. I am even tossing around the idea of putting my 22 away for the winter and just leaving this table and the Jumbo out as it is large enough to cook on most of the time. It even leaves space next to the grill to set a plate or sauces while cooking. This is especially nice since I store my Performer in the winter and really get used to the convenience of having the table next to the grill.

Hope the review helps someone who might have been on the fence about purchasing it or looking for a place for their Smokey, Jumbo or Go-Anywhere grills.

Happy Grilling!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Weber Table Review
« Reply #1 on: December 23, 2015, 05:40:51 AM »
I never knew this table has slots cut in it for making grills more secure.  Great review!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 23, 2015, 05:52:03 AM »
Great job with the review and pictures.

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: December 23, 2015, 12:48:04 PM »
To all the naysayers and negative nellies who complain about this table being wobbly and cheaply made please read this review. It does what it was made to do, it secures the grill of your choice to it, gives you a place for a plate, side hooks and is portable. Indy82z thank you,thank you and thank you for a wonderful review.
Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

Red Kettle Rich

• WKC Ranger
Looking for a RED 26" Kettle & a tabbed no leg RED 22" Kettle near STL. Copper Sam Adams SJ anywhere 8)

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: December 23, 2015, 02:18:32 PM »
Had no idea Weber made a table like this. Great write up !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Filibuster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: December 23, 2015, 06:44:44 PM »
    I love this table, it puts my jumbo joe at the right height and with the 18.5" cajun stacker I feel guilty that none of my other  grills and smokers are getting used. Makes you wish Weber made a cart table for their smokers "hint hint Weber".
Radio station WEFUNK 50,000 kilowatts of PFUNK power.

SixZeroFour

« Reply #7 on: December 24, 2015, 04:37:39 AM »
Really great review Tom! Thank you!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: December 24, 2015, 06:31:34 AM »
I have one of these tables and it works great.  Thanks for the tip on the cover.  Might have to have my dealer get me one.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: January 06, 2016, 06:05:29 AM »
Yes thanks also for the tip on that cover. I still prefer to keep the JJ and SJ inside the house when not used but this tempts.

I was on the fence for quite a while but once I had a new JJ it seemed inevitable, they go together like bread and buttah.

I've had mine about a year, have left it outside, shoved it into the car trunk and more and it works and looks brand new. Perfect for cookouts at the park or around the house as a utility table.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch

apt323

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: January 08, 2016, 10:19:15 AM »
Awesome review Thank you
WANTED - Colored Jumbo Joe (18")

70monte

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: April 10, 2016, 05:09:30 PM »
I also have this table and really like it.  I took this and my Jumbo Joe on vacation a couple of years ago and it came in very handy.  I didn't realize it also worked with the gas anywhere grill or I would have brought the table on my last vacation since I did bring my GAG with me.

Wayne

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #12 on: April 11, 2016, 12:43:43 AM »
WOW
Really great review!
Thanks for the write up!
I want to get a smokey joe now just so i can use that table!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: April 12, 2016, 05:11:50 AM »
Great review. I knew I wanted one of those tables a while ago but did not know about some of the features...nor that they made a cover for it. Having one of those tables would see my JJ get a lot more use.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

addicted-to-smoke

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: April 12, 2016, 05:15:27 AM »
Great review. I knew I wanted one of those tables a while ago but did not know about some of the features...nor that they made a cover for it. Having one of those tables would see my JJ get a lot more use.

Just to be clear, they don't make a cover for it. It just happens to work pretty well when the JJ is left on it. The cover he used is the #7151, for Performer with folding table.
It's the iconic symbol for the backyard. It's family/friends, food and fun. What more do you need to feel everything [is] going to be all right. As long as we can still have a BBQ in our backyard, the world seems a bit of a better place. At least for that moment. -reillyranch