Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Do you see what I see?  (Read 22055 times)

Mark Schnell

• WKC Ranger
Re: Do you see what I see?
« Reply #45 on: February 19, 2013, 05:24:02 PM »
Attention everyone!! Secure your kettle and keep your lawn mowed. If you yard looks a little overgrown and neglected your kettle might just grow legs and walk away on you someday!! ::)

Casey

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #46 on: February 19, 2013, 06:34:50 PM »
I just live a few blocks from the harbor. They are clearing out that empty lot for a custom home. I saw it, but never got a chance to grab it. My paddle partner lives across the street. It was headed for the dumpster in the street any day. I'm so glad someone here rescued it. Please let me know what the date for the WKC West Coast Chapter get together at the beach will be. I will be there. Bring it and we will cook on it and take a few snaps with it. You da man Duke!  ;)

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #47 on: February 19, 2013, 07:03:51 PM »
Careful Casey, you don't want to give Duke a big head, he already has a big ego!  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #48 on: February 19, 2013, 07:25:08 PM »

Stranger yells out to you...: "HEY WHAT ARE YOU GUYS DOING!?" Grillfella: "Taking this burning bush home to my yard We're um doing some landscaping" Stranger: "Hey we don;t have any burning bushes around here" Grillfella: "I know! That's why I'm taking this one! They're rare! Yeah, thats the ticket! They're rare!" Stranger: oh, ok well, good luck with your "burning bush!"  ;D

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #49 on: February 19, 2013, 07:39:55 PM »
I guess no one likes these lime colored grills.....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #50 on: February 19, 2013, 07:40:34 PM »
Looks like another rescued....was that smokey in the pile too?

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #51 on: February 19, 2013, 07:41:22 PM »
Attention everyone!! Secure your kettle and keep your lawn mowed. If you yard looks a little overgrown and neglected your kettle might just grow legs and walk away on you someday!! ::)

Mark, is that sarcasm or do you think that saving these old grills that are abviously left out to die a slow death of neglect is the wrong thing to do? 
Does anyone think that were going too far? Just curious..
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #52 on: February 19, 2013, 07:42:19 PM »
I guess no one likes these lime colored grills.....
Based on some of the civillian articles written about Weber history, the 'Cados, Yellows, and Limeys get a bad wrap. Oh well, more for us collectors, I say!

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #53 on: February 19, 2013, 07:45:22 PM »

Does anyone think that were going too far? Just curious..
Nah, these are rescues by fellow collectors when they are abandoned. If they were someone's grill on their patio and someone just made off with it, then yes, thats out of line. Rescue, Reuse, Restore, Respect!  8) I know that's not exactly whats on the WKC shirt logo, but it's everything we're about.
« Last Edit: February 19, 2013, 07:49:01 PM by Craig »

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #54 on: February 19, 2013, 07:52:22 PM »
If I saw a cool grill on someone porch I would go say hello, not jack it.  If it is clearly in a junk pile, then go rescue it...A guy who live real close to me has a burgundy...I talked to him.  He was a nice guy.  I told him if he wanted to get rid of it to let me know......

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #55 on: February 19, 2013, 08:01:06 PM »
Thanks for all of the great comments everyone!  Some of the parts are really rusty from the salt air. It was in a trash pile and on it's way out. I'm just glad it was saved and will be reconditioned to grill another day. Good eye Smoothsmoke! Like Craig said,  Rescue, Reuse, Restore, Respect! :)

Nobody got this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8KUgUqprw&feature=player_detailpage
« Last Edit: February 20, 2013, 05:52:35 AM by Duke »

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #56 on: February 19, 2013, 08:15:54 PM »
Thanks for all of the great comments everyone!  Some of the parts are really rusty from the salt air. It was in a trash pile and on it's way out. I'm just glad was saved will be reconditioned to grill another day. Good eye Smoothsmoke!  Rescue, Reuse, Restore, Respect! :)

Nobody got this? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0u8KUgUqprw&feature=player_detailpage
;D  Am I the only one that has the Andy Williams rendition of  Do you Hear What I Hear stuck in my head every time I read the topic title?

Ted B

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #57 on: February 20, 2013, 08:34:30 AM »
Man, I love these search and rescue threads.  I can't wait to find one myself what a riot!  I can just imagine how Duke's heart was pounding during the rescue. 

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #58 on: February 20, 2013, 11:07:32 AM »
Man, I love these search and rescue threads.  I can't wait to find one myself what a riot!  I can just imagine how Duke's heart was pounding during the rescue.

I don't know what it is about these lime 18's?  http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/18-5-lime-or-avacado-valpo-ind/

Bman

• WKC Performer
« Reply #59 on: February 20, 2013, 12:04:39 PM »
I don't know what it is about these lime 18's?  http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/trading-post/18-5-lime-or-avacado-valpo-ind/

THAT was an awesome read.  All doubts have been erased - I'm at home here!
I've always had gas...  And now a bunch of kettles because of this place.  Thanks!