Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Smoker tubes  (Read 1740 times)

BC

• WKC Brave
Smoker tubes
« on: December 09, 2015, 07:03:46 AM »
I'm familiar with the Amaze products but not with the Napolean smoker tube. Has anyone here used it? Checked one out locally. Much heavier gauge than Amaze but the holes aren't throughout it's surface. Might be better suited to gas and not charcoal.

http://www.amazon.com/Napoleon-67011-Stainless-Discontinued-Manufacturer/dp/B0036Y9CH4/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1449676642&sr=8-1&keywords=napoleon+smoker+tube

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Re: Smoker tubes
« Reply #1 on: December 09, 2015, 07:51:36 AM »
I've got the A-Maze-N Pellet Smoker that can burn for 12 hours or so. I'm not familiar with Napoleon but I had a great experience ordering from Todd at Amaze and I would highly recommend them.

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: December 09, 2015, 10:02:41 AM »
I have a Green Mountain pellet grill and can see the use for it there, but can't come up with a reason why one would be necessary with a kettle. Cold smoking?

BC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: December 09, 2015, 12:18:54 PM »
I have a Green Mountain pellet grill and can see the use for it there, but can't come up with a reason why one would be necessary with a kettle. Cold smoking?

....and you said you couldn't come up with a reason ;)

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: December 09, 2015, 12:52:39 PM »
I have one of those Napoleon tubes.  My Dad gave it to me.  He no longer uses it.

I do believe they are meant to be used with a gasser, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with charcoal with some creativity.

I hope to try it out with some cold smoking soon.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

BC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: December 10, 2015, 06:05:32 AM »
I do believe they are meant to be used with a gasser, but I don't see why it wouldn't work with charcoal with some creativity.

That was my thought also. No holes at all on most of it's surface. I hope you try it out soon *nudge, hint*. A local merchant has them and priced low. For now.