Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Poll

Which color would you get

Copper
C & B Blue
Crimson
Green
Black

Author Topic: What color  (Read 9865 times)

TexasOnion

• WKC Ranger
Re: What color
« Reply #15 on: December 02, 2015, 06:20:26 PM »
Can't ya get crimson from ace hdwr

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: December 02, 2015, 06:28:57 PM »
Yes, but... Meh
Still need a 22” yellow

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: December 03, 2015, 12:51:05 AM »
I'm in Saskatchewan. I can order the copper online from Home Depot or they stock the black. Shipping from Toronto would be very costly.

The Copper is cool. It took me adding Cocobolo Rosewood handles to convince me but I like it. Mine also is a 2014 with no silly hand guard "taco" handle so she has that going for her. Those new style handles are the ruination of a classic look....absolutely hate the damn friggin' things. Do you ever make it down to the States? Got any friends just over the border? If it were me I'd hold out for an older model in sweet condition. Maybe get a used non taco to tide you over. There is this:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-bbq-outdoor-cooking/saskatoon/weber-keetle-charcoal-barbeque-bbq-with-extras/1116775261?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Order an ash catcher, retrofit to turn it into a OTG. Then hold out for a sweet coloured Performer. Black is beautiful and non taco is the way to go.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Quadman750

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #18 on: December 03, 2015, 03:13:18 AM »
I'm in Saskatchewan. I can order the copper online from Home Depot or they stock the black. Shipping from Toronto would be very costly.

The Copper is cool. It took me adding Cocobolo Rosewood handles to convince me but I like it. Mine also is a 2014 with no silly hand guard "taco" handle so she has that going for her. Those new style handles are the ruination of a classic look....absolutely hate the damn friggin' things. Do you ever make it down to the States? Got any friends just over the border? If it were me I'd hold out for an older model in sweet condition. Maybe get a used non taco to tide you over. There is this:

http://www.kijiji.ca/v-bbq-outdoor-cooking/saskatoon/weber-keetle-charcoal-barbeque-bbq-with-extras/1116775261?enableSearchNavigationFlag=true

Order an ash catcher, retrofit to turn it into a OTG. Then hold out for a sweet coloured Performer. Black is beautiful and non taco is the way to go.
I never make it to the States & do not know anyone close to the border. I don't mind spending the money on a new one, I could just feed the taco to my dog, he eats anything.

Quadman750

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #19 on: December 03, 2015, 03:22:26 AM »
I ADDED A POLL !!!

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: December 03, 2015, 06:28:20 AM »
One of each!
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

dwnthehatch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 09:13:00 AM »
Of all of those colors I would choose green.

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 09:53:12 AM »
RED- oh damn....haven't had red in quite some time.  I don't understand why they don't offer red.  Red is in so many team colors.  Although I think I read somewhere on here it has to do with the chemicals, compounds or metals requires to make red kettles being hard to find or something like that.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: December 03, 2015, 12:24:12 PM »
C&B Blue
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: December 03, 2015, 09:33:19 PM »
For my vote, I cast mine for the Crate & Barrel Grass Green Performer Deluxe  ...  bet ya didn't see that coming, did ya ;D  ;D

Course, given your burning desire to purchase new, it's gotta be the C&B Blue (it's almost seems like it's cobalt).                              SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: December 03, 2015, 10:34:52 PM »
This is all very interesting, but how would we know what color you would like to grill on? There are guys on here that have built stables (herds, lines, etc.) of all black grills. It's gonna be your cooker, get what you want, man! They all cook good food.

I never realized that our neighbors to the north were so CL limited, or else I would recommend the color "SS" as the starting point for a Performer. For the bowl? I'm with HFG, one of each. I don't have any of the current colors at all, I only have black and a couple discontinued colors.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: December 03, 2015, 11:13:01 PM »
Love the copper thus my handle.  Still really want a blue.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: December 03, 2015, 11:15:21 PM »
RED- oh damn....haven't had red in quite some time.  I don't understand why they don't offer red.  Red is in so many team colors.  Although I think I read somewhere on here it has to do with the chemicals, compounds or metals requires to make red kettles being hard to find or something like that.

Recently got myself a crimson as my second daily driver.  It looks awesome in the sun!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #28 on: December 04, 2015, 02:09:58 AM »
CB blue for sure

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #29 on: December 04, 2015, 12:49:10 PM »
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM