Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Blue '91 Performer SS  (Read 8651 times)

LaTuFu

• WKC Brave
Re: Blue '96 ss Performer
« Reply #15 on: December 01, 2015, 08:31:52 AM »
Hopefully I won't come across any more great deals. Got my first Weber kettle about 3 weeks ago and picked up three others since. More than enough for me. All I wanted was one! This.Must. Stop. :/
Keep telling yourself that.

"Who needs more than one?" I kept saying. Even promised my wife I had no intention of getting another.

Then a beautiful, practically unused red MT pops up on CL one day...
Q2000; 26er; P Code MT; 22 WSM

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #16 on: December 01, 2015, 08:33:53 AM »
@BC -  If you have to replace the tank it is around $50-$60 US.  I think it is worth the money to have your tank certified (hoping it passes).  I think you will be surprised how nice the gas start is, even if you use your Performer just for starting coals for your classic kettle.  When I got my Performer last spring it came with a larger tank that I have to sit next to my grill and no original tank.  I got a new tank that will hang properly from the grill and finally used all of the gas in my bigger tank last weekend.  You only need to run the gas assist for 2-4 minutes to get your chimeny going so the gas lasts a really long time.  I think if you switch to the 1lb camping tanks you are going to have to spend a few bucks to change out some adapters.

Here is a pic of my grill with both tanks.  I have no clue how full the larger tank was when I bought my grill, but I can tell you that it lasted about 9 months and that was with using the gas assist 4-5 times per week.  I'm very excited to get the big tank out of my way and get the 5lb tank filled and see how long it lasts.  In the pic, my 5lb tank has a matching red cover on it my GF's mom made for me.

62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: December 01, 2015, 08:36:24 AM »
wow that's a nice blue berry right there.  congrats and awesome score!
I only use kettles with lid bales.

BC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: December 01, 2015, 09:03:02 AM »
@BC -  If you have to replace the tank it is around $50-$60 US.  I think it is worth the money to have your tank certified (hoping it passes).  I think you will be surprised how nice the gas start is, even if you use your Performer just for starting coals for your classic kettle.  When I got my Performer last spring it came with a larger tank that I have to sit next to my grill and no original tank.  I got a new tank that will hang properly from the grill and finally used all of the gas in my bigger tank last weekend.  You only need to run the gas assist for 2-4 minutes to get your chimeny going so the gas lasts a really long time.  I think if you switch to the 1lb camping tanks you are going to have to spend a few bucks to change out some adapters.

Here is a pic of my grill with both tanks.  I have no clue how full the larger tank was when I bought my grill, but I can tell you that it lasted about 9 months and that was with using the gas assist 4-5 times per week.  I'm very excited to get the big tank out of my way and get the 5lb tank filled and see how long it lasts.  In the pic, my 5lb tank has a matching red cover on it my GF's mom made for me.

That's a sweet looking red you have there.
 I'm pretty sure the 5 lb I have will pass the visual, so just under $30 (Canadian) to certify. For the 1 lb, I think I have pretty much everything I need to do that. I'm a hoarder. heh. Don't know that I will though. Right now I'm just happy to have the Performer ss in my hands. It's been a crazy last few weeks with Lady Luck following me around with a big stick, prodding me along if I hesitate. All I wanted was a 'Weber kettle.' 1. One. lol Found that first for $20, classic one touch silver. They weren't allowed to use charcoal on the balcony. The second was a newer one touch gold, used maybe 10 times. Reason for selling: Their steaks tasted like lighter fluid. ummmmmm.... anyway, that was a freebie. How could I say no?? The third was the early '79 ( I think) brownie for $25. After talking to you people here, how could I say no?? And the blue performer for $45. I am faultless in this. I can blame it all on this group and sleep well at night :)

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: December 02, 2015, 03:11:44 PM »
Very nice!

Sent from my SM-G900W8 using Tapatalk

SixZeroFour

« Reply #20 on: December 02, 2015, 04:13:27 PM »
Great pick up BC! I'd highly recommend re-certifying the tank - nothing like OEM - and not having to swap tanks very often is a wonderful luxury 8)
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

micky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #21 on: December 03, 2015, 04:48:44 AM »
Anyone know of a place that will re-certify tanks in or near Santa Monica/Los Angeles? Google isnt much help ...

SteveZ

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: December 03, 2015, 06:16:34 AM »
I went to a commercial propane dealer in St. Louis. They inspected my 1999 tank and filled it for $7. I would recommend checking the commercial propane folks that supply the larger tanks to customers.
SSP Caribique, Black 2nd Generation Performer, 2018 Green Performer, 1970 MBH 26 Black (Fleetwood) with Roti, 1965 Thumb Screw 49er, (2) Black 18 OTG, 2017 Black Master Touch, Black Genesis Silver B.  E code 14 WSM, AH code 18 WSM, AH code 22 WSM,

micky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #23 on: December 04, 2015, 06:32:14 AM »
I went to a commercial propane dealer in St. Louis. They inspected my 1999 tank and filled it for $7. I would recommend checking the commercial propane folks that supply the larger tanks to customers.

Mmmm i guess there must be commercial propane dealers here, but so far I'm not finding them.  I'll keep looking -- thanks!

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: December 04, 2015, 01:07:40 PM »
Me thinks the Commercial Suppliers charge their fees according to their local markets  ...  we have two in Eugene area, one charges $35.00 and one charges $54.00.  That, of course, includes an OPD upgrade.                                SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: December 04, 2015, 01:12:40 PM »
Beautiful performer there!
I think you might find this one to be your new "everyday" cooker. It seems like those with performers tend to go that way, table, gas assist, seems like a no brainier.
Can't wait to see some cooks on this one!

micky

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #26 on: December 04, 2015, 01:41:45 PM »
SJ, i might as well buy a new tank at those prices.  Mine already has the OPD upgrade, though, so maybe mine would cost less to recertify if i can find someplace local to do it. Unfortunately I'm sure your market price theory is all too correct -- this is a high-priced area!

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: December 04, 2015, 02:05:50 PM »
Micky,  the way they tell it the OPD parts alone cost $25-$45, depending on who's telling it.  The cost of just re-cert is (should be) that much less  ...  $15 in our area.  A new one, which robs your Perf from being as-built (if that even matters to you) is $50.00 at True Value Hardware (in stock).  I think that's where I'm headed when I start to "Restore" my '92 Grey.               Good Luck and forge ahead.
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

steakporkchicken

• Happy Cooker
« Reply #28 on: December 05, 2015, 11:11:53 PM »
incredible find, it looks like it is in near mint condition. 
22" WSM,'15 Green Performer Deluxe, '13 Jumbo Joe,
'14 Genesis 330 -Smoke

BC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #29 on: December 09, 2015, 08:21:07 AM »
Wow. I took it for granted that my blue Performer SS was made in '96, simply because that is when the seller bought it new. I looked at the letter code on the damper and it is an 'N' code. According to the code/year manufacture list on WKC it was made in '91.
N: 1991