Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Digital Pit Temp Devices  (Read 4124 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Digital Pit Temp Devices
« Reply #15 on: November 20, 2015, 02:42:40 PM »
Just looking at the new 735 bluetooth model.  It does come with waterproof probes, but it says the wires are only heat resistant to 572F?  Whats up with that?  The old ones were up to 716.  It would be a damn shame if they have finally come up with a waterproof probe that we will all melt the wire on our first few cooks!

http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-Bluetooth-Wireless-Thermometer-Simultaneously/dp/B00THCADP4/ref=sr_1_27?ie=UTF8&qid=1448062597&sr=8-27&keywords=thermoworks
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #16 on: November 20, 2015, 02:48:10 PM »
Weird.....here is an ad for just the newer waterproof probe and it says heat resistant to 716.  So I am hoping this one is the correct info!

http://www.amazon.com/Maverick-3-Foot-Waterproof-Bluetooth-Thermometer/dp/B00WGUFITK/ref=sr_1_39?ie=UTF8&qid=1448063075&sr=8-39&keywords=ET732

But, Mavicks website says 572.
http://www.maverickhousewares.com/app-enabled-thermometers#/et-735-bluetoothbarbecuethermometer/
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: November 20, 2015, 03:46:28 PM »
@MikeRocksTheRed  Thanks for the links!

@jcnaz  Thanks for the first hand review of the DOT.

I still have one working probe for my Ivation, so I'm ok for now. I'm hopeful that there might be some Black Friday deals on the Maverick stuff and the ThermoWorks products too.   

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: November 20, 2015, 03:47:14 PM »
I've been through a lot of digital controllers / thermometers and none of them can stand up to the abuse I give them. For me, I'm good with an oven thermometer, Thermo Pop or similar and old school methods of knowing your meat is done. If there's one that is accurate and never breaks please let me know.

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: November 20, 2015, 04:00:52 PM »
I've been through a lot of digital controllers / thermometers and none of them can stand up to the abuse I give them. For me, I'm good with an oven thermometer, Thermo Pop or similar and old school methods of knowing your meat is done. If there's one that is accurate and never breaks please let me know.

I agree with this!!!

I have been using different kettles and accessories and want to get my temps really dialed in, before winging it...

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: November 21, 2015, 06:54:31 AM »
I want to retrofit my dead performer timer with a thermometer and remote probe.