Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Metal handles  (Read 5308 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Metal handles
« Reply #30 on: November 17, 2015, 10:06:01 AM »
Thank goodness you got it and we didn't have to kick you outta here!  Nice score.  I just used my three-wheeler (three daisy vented grill) a few weeks ago for a smoke.  My work horse I usually use for smoking has a one touch vent system.  I found the three-wheeler even easier than my other grill since I was able to shut down 2 of the vents then do some super fine tuning with the third vent.

Your brownie appeards to be in great shape.  Usually grills this old can have a lot of rust around the wheels and the leg mounts.  I hope you clean it up with some razor blades and steel wool.  You will be shocked at how well the inside of the kettle will shine up and look like new!  When I did my three-wheeler, I lightly sanded the handle then hit with one light coat of stain.  It gave it a finish that looked like it hadn't really been redone since it still had slightly weathered look.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #31 on: November 17, 2015, 10:07:50 AM »
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #32 on: November 17, 2015, 11:32:25 AM »
Very nice A-code! So it's an early 79 and it appears to be in awesome shape! Vents and handles look great too... You can replace that charcoal grate for cheap if you like or just stand on it to flatten it out a bit and that should do the trick. Congrats!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

BC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #33 on: November 17, 2015, 11:46:29 AM »
Maybe going to leave the grate as is. A lot of bbq time went into getting it that way. The seller was an older lady who's husband passed away in February. He really loved smoking and grilling and took good care of the kettle. He had the same kettle for one heck of a long time. If that kettle could talk... In leaving she wished me as much joy using it as her husband did. I told her my first smoke will be done in his memory.

BC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #34 on: November 17, 2015, 01:31:11 PM »
So, how come no one has picked up the sister to mine yet? In Wenatchee, Wash. Touted as being spotless, $40

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
« Reply #35 on: November 17, 2015, 02:48:54 PM »
Man! Your find is in awesome shape, I'm quite jealous.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #36 on: November 17, 2015, 06:13:18 PM »
You scored big!  It looks great including the leg sockets and bottom vents.  That is awesome!
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

BC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #37 on: November 17, 2015, 07:09:37 PM »
You scored big!  It looks great including the leg sockets and bottom vents.  That is awesome!
It's in very nice shape. It has one or two minor dings in it but everything that makes it functional is in great shape. Very happy with it.

BC

• WKC Brave
« Reply #38 on: November 17, 2015, 07:16:35 PM »
Thank goodness you got it and we didn't have to kick you outta here!  Nice score.  I just used my three-wheeler (three daisy vented grill) a few weeks ago for a smoke.  My work horse I usually use for smoking has a one touch vent system.  I found the three-wheeler even easier than my other grill since I was able to shut down 2 of the vents then do some super fine tuning with the third vent.

Untill I picked it up I had no idea that it has the three vents. No rust on it at all, in great shape. Tonight I also picked up a One Touch Gold freebie but I have a feeling the brownie is going to be my favorite for smoking.

Uncle JJ

• WKC Brave
« Reply #39 on: November 18, 2015, 09:37:50 AM »
That brownie is in amazing condition!  Great find - enjoy cooking on that disco-era beauty!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #40 on: November 20, 2015, 04:17:52 AM »
So, how come no one has picked up the sister to mine yet? In Wenatchee, Wash. Touted as being spotless, $40

I have a self imposed 10 mile radius of Bothell, WA for cheap kettle retrievals.

Don't always stick to it, but I'm stickin' to my story!

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!