Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: One Epic Fail, One Relative Fail  (Read 3393 times)

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: One Epic Fail, One Relative Fail
« Reply #15 on: November 17, 2015, 07:52:22 AM »
and now that I am thinking about it, the next time I make them I might do them the way I do steaks if I have to cook indoors for some reason.  Turn on the broiler, then get a cast iron pan really hot, add steak (or in this case the hash browns), then place immediately in the broiler.  This lets you cook from the top and bottom about evenly.  When I've done ribeyes this way it takes at the most 3 minutes of not less and the result is a perferctly cooked steak that is seared on both sides.  Warning:  This method with steak is extremely smokey!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Johnpv

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: November 18, 2015, 08:55:24 AM »
Going to second some comments already made.  With fresh potatoes you REALLY need to dry those suckers out.  I typically take put the shreds on some paper towers and try to work the moisture out, and yeah TONS of oil.  Reverse sear hasn't worked out for me either except when the steaks were really thick.  Which I think was mentioned here already too. 

Big Dawg

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: November 18, 2015, 03:15:42 PM »
If I'm cooking Hash Browns, I'm cooking these:

Not at all cheap, but great every time.

Of course, that why I usually cook home fries instead ! ! !

BD
The Sultans of Swine
22.5 WSM - Fat Boy
22.5 OTG - Little Man/26.75 - Big Kahuna