Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A few questions about Brian's handles  (Read 6173 times)

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
A few questions about Brian's handles
« on: November 10, 2015, 09:52:29 AM »
This is the first time I've ordered a handle from Brian and placed my order from the "Wooden Handles" tab from the site.
My order was for a finished two rivet handle. I guess I just don't know what to expect. Do you pick a stain color, or is there just a standard color that is shipped? Also, does the handle come with a Weber logo on it or do you have to request it?

Thanks!

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: A few questions about Brian's handles
« Reply #1 on: November 10, 2015, 09:57:40 AM »
I've been wondering about this too!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: November 10, 2015, 10:34:18 AM »
Ask zavod44. Putting up questions in a post may or may not get his attention!
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: November 10, 2015, 10:42:47 AM »
@zavod44 -  Do you mind doing a little write up about what options are available for handles, vent tabs, performer storage lid handles, wwod types, wood size if wood is customer supplied, etc?  I know this information is scattered about in a half dozen or more posts, but maybe a seperate posting from this that could be stickied would be good?  I'd be interested in customizing with one of the two logos in my avatar and have been wondering what you would need for that, if it increases cost, etc.
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #4 on: November 10, 2015, 11:03:10 AM »
I'll do something, we are in the middle of doing a revamp of the handle page.  But I can do a little something until then.  Your lucky that I don't mind the Capitals, if it was the Blues or the Wild or the Predators you would be out of luck....I don't hate Ovechkin like others do.  I think he's an interesting player.  He might need a change of scenery if he ever wants to win it all....
Vintage Weber Grill raconteur and bon vivant.....and definitely Sir Agent X

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: November 10, 2015, 11:20:18 AM »
As I said we are doing a revamp of the handle page.  Right now if you order a single screw handle you will get oak with the logo.  If you order a double rivet you will get a walnut handle with the logo.  I can make whatever, if you need other stuff just send me a note and I can do what you want.  I can do custom Lasering I generally don't charge more.  It depends on what you want....maybe more for Red Wings logos....I can make handles out of any kind of wood it just might cost more depending on what you want and how expensive the wood is and how hard it is for me to get. 
So right now I am making the vent tab handles, the single and double rivet style handles, the small handle for the table on the stainless performer, the rollers for any performers, the Weber name plate on the front of all performers, and a wood insert for the wheels (6"and 8").  You just swap the normally broken white wall piece of plastic and put in the wood piece.  Looks awesome.  I also started making the inserts for the skinny tread 8" wheels as well from the mid 70's.  They always seem to be broken.  I do also make white wall stickers for the old metal wheels 6" and 8".  I have a skinny sticker for the skinny white walls from the 70's too.  Most of the wheels I have, had a very skinny white line painted on them, the line generally didn't fill the whole space, but I think some were different, but that has been my experience.....as always if you have questions please ask, just send me a message....does this help? 

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: November 10, 2015, 11:20:57 AM »
@zavod44 Thanks Brian. I'm order 02F488670T8345127 . I don't know what the protocol is here, so I'll just fire away. On my two rivet the stain you use on the WKC handles looks great to me, and I would like the Weber logo. If there's any additional charge just let me know and I will get it over to you. Thanks!

****You posted while I was posting. Whatever you do on the finished handle with a weber logo is great.

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #7 on: November 10, 2015, 11:23:26 AM »
Okay I'll look you up.....

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: November 10, 2015, 11:25:48 AM »
@zavod44 -  Thanks for the info.  You do a lot more besides handles than I realized.  I'm excited for some custom handles, just need to figure out exactly what I want then I'll PM you.  Thinking getting handles, rollers, etc for my SS Performer, three wheeler, chimneys and SJS might be the best XMAS gift my GF can give me!!!!

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #9 on: November 10, 2015, 11:31:30 AM »
I'll let you in on some info...I have a big stash of one off and exotic wood handles that I'll be selling in the next few weeks.  I have a big box of exotic stuff and some there are multiples and some it's just one of a kind.  They all are finished and ready to go, but once these are gone they are gone so it will be first come first serve.  I might put them on eBay as buy it now, just because it might be too hard to post them here and having people try to get them.  It would be easier for me to just have people click a button and buy them.  I'll have more exotics in the following weeks as I dig them up.  They are really sweet looking I can assure you....@Troy has seen a few and he was pretty stoked by some of them......

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: November 10, 2015, 11:44:10 AM »
if it was the Blues... you would be out of luck....

Guess I'm out of luck... would you do a Cardinals logo?  ;D

Quite a bit available! Very exciting... looking forward to the revamped woodware page.
« Last Edit: November 10, 2015, 11:48:07 AM by Bob BQ »
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #11 on: November 10, 2015, 11:52:58 AM »
I'll have to think long and hard about the Cardinals...

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: November 10, 2015, 12:54:32 PM »

A few questions about Brian's handles

Get them! …. As many as you require, plus more.  You will not be disappointed.
No matter the age of a kettle, they all need wood handles.  Looks so classy.
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: November 10, 2015, 05:34:25 PM »
I'll have to think long and hard about the Cardinals...

I'm gonna vote, no. Haha
Still need a 22” yellow

zavod44

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #14 on: November 11, 2015, 02:58:22 AM »
:)