Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: How many were collectors before finding this website?  (Read 7294 times)

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
Re: How many were collectors before finding this website?
« Reply #15 on: November 03, 2015, 06:17:57 AM »
Im not a collector. I have one kettle, and it belongs to someone else.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: November 03, 2015, 08:02:50 AM »
Always been a Weber guy, but don't believe I was a collector. Until I joined the group, I had a 22" OTS w/ roti, a Ranch kettle, & just purchased Performer. Have had SJ, GA, & 22" grills that came & went. Always black.

I'm definitely a collector now!!!  Have a lot of color now w/ 20+ treasures. Thanks to the wealth of info here, my collection is growing & my wallet is shrinking.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #17 on: November 03, 2015, 08:20:36 AM »
I was not a collector before I got my ER code SS Performer last spring.  Started watching this site and didn't add additional grills until I joined here.  I have since added a brand new SJS, Simpsons SJS, an EE  22" Economy kettle, and 2 teleflora minis.  I wouldn't quite call myself a collector yet, and my patio limits my ability to do so.  I will pick up any red haeads or red performers in a heartbeat though if I come across them on CL or other places....and I am always looking!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #18 on: November 03, 2015, 11:25:36 AM »
I'm NOT A COLLECTOR!

I'm just a guy who wants a yellow kettle. And maybe a blue and a green. And a Ranch.

Josh G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: November 03, 2015, 11:26:06 AM »
Sounds like a lot of people collected prior to the site but it has definitely had an influence on the severity of their addictions.   

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: November 03, 2015, 12:05:27 PM »
Do NOT tell my wife that I have another addition  ...  she said cigars and single malt was enough.   :)  :)                   SJ
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

TheDude

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: November 03, 2015, 12:43:25 PM »
Do NOT tell my wife that I have another addition  ...  she said cigars and single malt was enough.   :)  :)                   SJ

I like your style, sir.
Still need a 22” yellow

einrej

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: November 04, 2015, 04:54:08 AM »
I had owned Weber grills for years, collector?... No just tools to cook food on. Then this happened and I became a collector.

http://www.bbq-brethren.com/forum/showthread.php?t=167848
"Hello,
Can you tell me if my grill is a Weber or an older knock off? Made of heavy gauge steel, 1 lid vent, 1 lower vent. No manufacture names or numbers. No holes in the lower legs for a triangular tray.
What year? Value?
Thanks,
E"

Then harris92 Posted this on the WKC

"It is on the BBQ Brethren"
http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/the-oldest-weber-i-have-ever-seen/

Thanks, harris92.
I came to this site and found a home.
E
Family, 1954-55 Weber Bros Metal Works Kettle,
1979 A-code Redhead 22, 1983 E-code Black 22, & a Rowley Miracle Fire Maker

wyd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #23 on: November 04, 2015, 05:31:14 AM »
I wasn't a collector before I found this site but I did have my 22" blue platinum kettle and a blue Genesis gasser.  After finding this site I have added 1 blue 22" gold, 4 brownies, 1 plum, 1 dark green and 1 lime Smokey Joe.  Been worth it and has been a lot of fun.
Platinum Performer Kettle (In Blue), OTG (In Blue)
Genesis Gasser (In Blue), Smokey Joe (Uline Lime)
Looking to buy (18.5 blue or brownie and blue lantern)

crowderjd

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #24 on: November 04, 2015, 06:34:33 AM »
I was not a collector...I had one 2009 performer in black.  I now have:

1978 Red MBH
1969-70 Patent Pending Avocado
Blue SS performer
Simpsons Smokey Joe
2014 Copper One Touch Gold
2008 18.5 WSM
And a early 80s brownie waiting for me in STL...

And I'm really looking for the elusive yellow!
Chasing the impossibles: Westerner, Custom, Meat Cut!

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: November 04, 2015, 07:19:27 AM »
I've been collecting cookware for close to 30 years and I have many areas of interest in that genre . I dig cast iron restoration , old appliances  and wood fired cook stoves. I collect camping cookware and camp stoves , Vintage Coleman water jugs ( there round and come in colors go figure ) ;) waffle irons , coffee pots , cooking utensils , bottle openers and of course smokers and grills from various manufactures.

I few years ago I was gathering some Weber kettles off CL for a friend who was opening a restaurant , I came across an 18.5 Cado that I simply fell in love with and so I decided to do some research on it and found the newly formed WKC.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: November 04, 2015, 08:20:42 AM »
I had two kettles before I joined Wkc, now I have eight....

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #27 on: November 04, 2015, 03:44:44 PM »
Didn't think I was a collector till I pulled up my first post. I had Black and Blue OTGs, a 22 WSM and had just driven 4 hours round trip to pick up a Black 22 economy 3 wheeler that had me super exited. Using a Kettle for about a year at that point had me fully into loving the product. Had no need for the Blue OTG or the 3 wheeler but home they came. Frequenting TVWBB as well as this place influenced me..... @harris92 and @Jeff 's pictures made me drool before joining......Harris's "Red Line" shots were a primary motivational factor. So yeah I was on my way to Weberitis already. Getting to know you guys has just made it worse.

The Red MBH beside the Aristocrat is from Harris and I believe it is in those Red Line pictures that got me going....how cool is that boys. Damn cool I say.
« Last Edit: November 04, 2015, 04:21:43 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

harris92

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: November 07, 2015, 10:30:49 AM »
@MrHoss  The "New Red Line" is on the agenda.  The line has grown in length.   :)

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #29 on: November 08, 2015, 12:37:40 PM »
Prior to being here, people would search me out just to tell me where to find a free kettle they saw.....or search me out to give me one they had or had found.....

My first post:

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/introduce-yourself/this-is-great-!!!/

The nicer (& more recent) ones are ALL due to WKC & the great folks here !!!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"