Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Made some pube cubes today  (Read 7097 times)

austin87

• WKC Ranger
Made some pube cubes today
« on: October 24, 2015, 11:51:06 AM »
Fire starters. I made fire starters today with dryer lint, paraffin wax, and egg cartons. Shove lint into the egg side, pour melted wax over the top (I used an old can in a pot of boiling water to melt the wax). Once they harden you cut them into individual cups and use them in the chimney starter. I used just under 4 pounds of wax ($8 at a craft store) to make 5 dozen starters for a whopping cost of 13 cents each.

I heard about these from @Troy and the joke is that dryer lint is full of pubes. I can at least verify that my dryer lint is filled with blonde hair (girlfriend) and cat hair.

« Last Edit: October 24, 2015, 12:19:55 PM by austin87 »

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
Re: Made some pube cubes today
« Reply #1 on: October 24, 2015, 11:59:39 AM »
  That's hilarious!

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: October 24, 2015, 12:10:12 PM »
Yeah ever since Troy posted about these, I've been making and using them exclusively. Only difference for me is I use tea lights. Once the the wax is all liquid I pour them into the egg cartons. I used to use one tea light per starter, but I've found I can use one tea light to make two starters. So six tea lights make a dozen starters.

They work without fail. Made some yesterday as a matter of fact.

Troy

• Statesman
« Reply #3 on: October 24, 2015, 12:17:27 PM »
I need to make more!  Love these things

Sent from my SM-N910V using Tapatalk

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #4 on: October 24, 2015, 12:34:50 PM »
I will stick with the Weber lighter cubes at 17 cents each without the pubes and hassle of making them

effinUker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #5 on: October 24, 2015, 12:47:31 PM »
i start my charcoal with a grease fire.

i soak up bacon grease in paper towels, cut them into thirds, wind them up & thrown into a sandwich bag in the freezer. 2 plain newspaper balls, and one with the grease. i normally set my chimney in an old beater CI skillet, and use my blowtorch to start the newspaper.

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 24, 2015, 12:57:58 PM »

i soak up bacon grease in paper towels, cut them into thirds, wind them up & thrown into a sandwich bag in the freezer. 2 plain newspaper balls, and one with the grease. i normally set my chimney in an old beater CI skillet, and use my blowtorch to start the newspaper.

Poor form! Bacon grease should be saved and used to cook eggs, not burned up in fire!  ;D

MacEggs

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: October 24, 2015, 01:11:44 PM »
I always have plenty of egg cartons around …..  I'd like to try this.  Thanks!
Q: How do you know something is bull$h!t?
A: When you are not allowed to question it.

effinUker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: October 24, 2015, 04:27:51 PM »

Poor form! Bacon grease should be saved and used to cook eggs, not burned up in fire!  ;D

i got plenty of bacon grease for eggs. hell, i got plastic tubs of it in the freezer. i think we eat bacon at least 4 days a week for breakfast.

MeatAndPotatos

• WKC Brave
« Reply #9 on: October 24, 2015, 07:38:44 PM »
Blow torch is fast, and fun. Make sure to get one with that does not have a torches that points straight up. Look for a horizontal torch so that you can point it at least slightly downwards with out it going out.

Lumpy Coal

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #10 on: October 25, 2015, 04:59:25 PM »
I use newspaper balled up in the chimney and it stops the smaller pieces of lump from falling out before the rest has settled.   

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
« Reply #11 on: October 25, 2015, 06:04:14 PM »
I just use the side burner on the gasser...light it under a chimney, walk away, come back in 10-15 mins.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #12 on: October 25, 2015, 10:28:15 PM »
Ingenious. I'll bet those work very well.

I've probably used all the charcoal starting methods listed after the original post. But I'm still stuck on how to tell my wife "I need us to start saving dryer lint and egg cartons...Oh, and tea lamps...no"

I have her at a point where she is at peace with the kettles. I'm not mixing this in. Not gonna start. I will not get caught up in this.

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: October 26, 2015, 03:45:44 AM »
Ingenious. I'll bet those work very well.

I've probably used all the charcoal starting methods listed after the original post. But I'm still stuck on how to tell my wife "I need us to start saving dryer lint and egg cartons...Oh, and tea lamps...no"

I have her at a point where she is at peace with the kettles. I'm not mixing this in. Not gonna start. I will not get caught up in this.

LOL, yes you will.
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

Hell Fire Grill

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: October 26, 2015, 06:33:49 AM »
Let me know when you need to stock up and I'll shave!

You could go to your local bikini wax salon and get wax with the hair already in it.
You can't always get what you want....but if you try sometimes you get what you need