Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Weber 7473 Hanging Meat Rack  (Read 13190 times)

Metal Mike

• WKC Ranger
    • The Best Podcast in the Universe
Re: Weber 7473 Hanging Meat Rack
« Reply #15 on: February 24, 2016, 10:34:18 AM »
Definantly has my interest:

But for the cost of the rack alone I could make another cheap UDS "FRAN-KETTLE-STEIN..."

...BOBBING FOR COALS IN MY KETTLE

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #16 on: February 25, 2016, 03:05:33 AM »
using the Hanging Meat rack over the Hunsaker Smokers Vortex Firebasket!

Let your meat loaf!
I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

Travis

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #17 on: March 16, 2016, 04:43:30 PM »
Very cool. Dont have a wsm or pbc, but do have a uds! I might look into some modification for that! Tfs!

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #18 on: March 17, 2016, 03:05:05 AM »
Very cool. Dont have a wsm or pbc, but do have a uds! I might look into some modification for that! Tfs!

@Travis - I've also used it in my BPS Drum smoker!

I cook on: Backwoods Gater, Lang 36, Hunsaker Smokers, Pellet Pro 22" WSM, BGE's, WSM's, Cajun Bandits, PK Grills, Drum Smokers, Genesis Silver C, Weber Q's, Cookshack 008, Little Chief, La Caja China #2, Lodge Sportsman...oh yeah! Weber Kettles! Kamado restoration and pit modification hack!

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #19 on: July 11, 2016, 06:57:08 PM »
My two favorite uses for the hanging rack:

2.  Chicken halves, smoked by their own juices.  The dark meat gets more heat since it's closer to the fire, and it protects the white meat and keeps it from drying out.

1.  Smoking peppers.  All summer, I beg the fine folks at the farmer's market for ripe (red) poblanos and jalepenos.  When they come through, I tie them up on strings, hang them over a ceramic heat sink, and build a snake of lump to make a low <200 fire for 36-48 hours.  Then I have ancho and chipotle chili to get me through the winter (and spring, and summer). 

I've also done whole fish and ribs and turkey breast and leg of lamb, but these two are the highlights. 
One of the charcoal people.

swamprb

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: October 13, 2016, 05:02:26 AM »
Over the course of using the Weber hanging rack, I've started using binder clips on both ends of the bars ( I usually only use 2) to keep them from  falling off the rack unexpectedly.

https://www.amazon.com/Stationary-Station-Spring-Loaded-Organizer-Holder/dp/B01EFMGSZY/ref=sr_1_14?ie=UTF8&qid=1476363535&sr=8-14&keywords=spring+paper+clips