Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Finally a good score!  (Read 6288 times)

WNC

• WKC Performer
Re: Finally a good score!
« Reply #15 on: October 14, 2015, 03:02:55 PM »
Great find! Love that it came with all the boxes. I'd be getting to my brother's house ASAP!

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 29, 2015, 06:37:46 PM »
Finally picked up my grill from my brother in Naperville, Il.  Everything is in great shape. I think the grill was used maybe a couple of times and then boxed back up in the original box until now.  I gave it a preliminary cleaning but I'll do a more thorough job in the spring when I can do it outside.  Here are some picks of the grill before and after.

I'm especially happy with the condition of the handles.  No rust at all. 

I'll be sure to post the first cook when it happens.
« Last Edit: December 29, 2015, 06:42:29 PM by mcgolden »

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #17 on: December 29, 2015, 07:08:47 PM »
Nice score congratulations!

captjoe06

• WKC Performer
    • Northeast BBQ
« Reply #18 on: December 30, 2015, 03:24:38 AM »
There are rarely any decent Craigslist finds here in Boston.  I  think the cat is out of the bag and there are just a ton of people doing the searches every single morning.

Congrats to you sir!
Smokey Joe Black, Smokey Joe Lime Green, Original Kettle Premium Black,'92 Red OTS, Yellow Simpson's 22, 78 Red MBH, '80 Black MBH, '10 Brick Red Performer,'12 Grass Green Performer, '03 Blue SSP, '97 Blue SSP, 18 inch WSM

LightningBoldtz

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #19 on: December 30, 2015, 04:55:53 AM »
Stunning great find and congrats
I am not a collector, but I do have a small collection.
"You can have everything in life you want if you will just help enough other people get what they want"
8 MBH, 2 WoodDale, a SCG, and other stuff, including Pellet grills.

ramsfan

• WKC Performer
« Reply #20 on: December 30, 2015, 05:58:39 AM »
Wow, that looks like a beauty! Nice score, especially with the extra goodies!

... So there was a 22.5" version of this CnT as well? my eyes almost seem to think the ring looks like an 18? Regardless - Awesome!

Unfortunately, that CnT ring pictured is for an 18.5 kettle, not a 22.5. I was starting to get a little excited myself when I first saw the picture. I have the exact same work table still originally packed inside that exact same box as shown in the photo. I have an 18.5 CnT ring exactly like the one in the photo. I just checked a few minutes ago. I pulled out that same box with the table inside and pulled out my 18.5 CnT ring. I placed the ring on top of the box exactly as it is pictured. The edges of the ring on either side don't extend beyond the edges of the box just like in the photo. No 22 CnT ring here. It's an 18.5 ring for sure.

Very nice score for sure. It still looks new on the outside. Good Job!
« Last Edit: December 30, 2015, 06:05:00 AM by ramsfan »
This is the original Weber kettle. The most powerful bbq grill in the world and can blow your taste-buds clean off! So, you have to ask yourself one question: "Do you feel hungry? Well, do you punk?"

brewtownbeatdown

• WKC Performer
« Reply #21 on: December 30, 2015, 06:57:13 AM »
Nice score!!!  Hope you got a grate deal on everything. I have the 22.5 CnT, & love the thing. Hopefully your 18.5 works as well as a 22.5.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
Obviously looking for a Glen Blue (who isn’t?😂).

Looking for anything Happy Cooker, including any re-branded as Montgomery Ward.  I’ve amassed a nice collection, but I’m missing a few still.  Let me know if you can help a fella out🤞

JDD

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #22 on: December 30, 2015, 07:55:06 AM »
Congratulations on the great score. I love the old blackies.
May The Smoke Be With You!

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #23 on: December 30, 2015, 01:31:18 PM »
@mcgolden   Without a doubt THAT MBH kettle is the nicest black kettle I've ever seen  ...  Congratulations.  Reds, Browns, Greens, etc.  come and go, but Blacks are almost NEVER in that great of condition.  I'm very jealous, good patience on your part.                      SJ

PS  I specially like the "orange peel" finish !!!
"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #24 on: January 02, 2016, 07:32:19 PM »
Congrats, @mcgolden !  Couldn't have happened to a nicer guy.  And I really dig that sweet orange peel finish!
One of the charcoal people.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #25 on: January 03, 2016, 07:17:51 PM »
It's a beauty!
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #26 on: January 04, 2016, 01:38:55 AM »
Damn dude that's awesome! Congrats, it's a beauty !

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

MikeRocksTheRed

• WKC Performer
    • The Kettle Cookers (facebook group)
« Reply #27 on: January 04, 2016, 06:57:11 AM »
Wow.  I would call that a 3 in 1 score.  That was one hell of a score!
62-68 Avocado BAR-B-Q Kettle, Red ER SS Performer, Green DA SS Performer, Black EE three wheeler, 1 SJS, 1 Homer Simpson SJS,  AT Black 26er, 82 Kettle Gasser Deluxe, "A" code 18.5 MBH, M Code Tuck-n-Carry, P Code Go Anywhere, 2015 RANCH FREAKING KETTLE!!!!!!