Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Finally a good score!  (Read 6287 times)

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
Finally a good score!
« on: October 13, 2015, 06:55:46 PM »
I'm shocked that I didn't see this one on the WKC online finds, and even more shocked that I got it before someone else got to it.  Even though I live in Iowa, every once-in-a-while I check the Chicago Western Suburbs Craigslist since my brother lives in the area.  For once, my search paid off and I actually managed to score some pretty nice items.  My brother picked them up tonight, so I haven't seen them in person yet.  Unfortunately he doesn't have the same appreciation for Weber so it's pointless to try to get his assessment, but from the pictures, I think I did pretty well.  Frankly I annoyed that crap out of my brother to be sure he takes good care during transport.  It turns out that the lady and her husband had already boxed things up (my brother took a peak), so I'm guessing it'll look pretty good when I get it.  They clearly take good care of their stuff.

Here was the sellers description "LIKE NEW CHARCOAL GRILL- USED 5 TIMES AND PUT BACK IN BOX COMES WITH WORK TABLE AND CORN RACK"

I sent the seller an email early this afternoon and got an email back within a couple of hours with a phone number.  I called and it was a wonderful "older" lady and we talked for a bit before we arranged for a time for my brother to pick up the grill and accessories.  She said she sent me her phone number because she's not very good with email which I thought was very cute.  Honestly, aside from the fact that her pictures were sideways in the ad, I was impressed she actually posted pictures at all.  Here were her pictures.

My brother told me that the box doesn't even look like it's been opened.

So now I'll have to figure out some time to visit and pick this stuff up.  It might be a bit but I'll post more pics when I get this stuff in my grubby little hands.

Russell C.

• WKC Brave
Re: Finally a good score!
« Reply #1 on: October 13, 2015, 07:05:33 PM »
Very cool!

Sent from my SCH-I545 using Tapatalk

Qreps

• WKC Brave
« Reply #2 on: October 13, 2015, 07:07:41 PM »
Very nice congratulations .

Uncle Al

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: October 13, 2015, 07:50:01 PM »
Nice score!

SixZeroFour

« Reply #4 on: October 13, 2015, 08:57:56 PM »
Wow, that looks like a beauty! Nice score, especially with the extra goodies!

... So there was a 22.5" version of this CnT as well? my eyes almost seem to think the ring looks like an 18? Regardless - Awesome!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: October 13, 2015, 09:42:19 PM »
We need to stop referring to the Corn 'n Tater as the CnT.... I know I'm not the only one who sees a word used when a woman really really freaking hates another woman....

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: October 13, 2015, 09:42:51 PM »
On a kettle related note, great score!

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #7 on: October 13, 2015, 10:11:18 PM »
We need to stop referring to the Corn 'n Tater as the CnT.... I know I'm not the only one who sees a word used when a woman really really freaking hates another woman....
I've got no problem with CnT. It's a great Australian adjective and is often used to refer to something in a positive and negative  way ;)
Great scores BTW, I'd love one of those tables. They are a CnT of a thing to find in OZ
« Last Edit: October 13, 2015, 10:14:11 PM by Hogsy »
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: October 13, 2015, 11:05:25 PM »

... So there was a 22.5" version of this CnT as well? my eyes almost seem to think the ring looks like an 18? Regardless - Awesome!
I'm thinking it looks like an 18" CnT ring myself.  That's quite the score the kettle looks great!
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: October 13, 2015, 11:43:30 PM »
Hogsy, I don't understand. "They are a corn and tater thing to find in OZ." I don't get it.

mcgolden you came up big with some nice stuff. And a great story.

charred

• WKC Performer
« Reply #10 on: October 14, 2015, 04:34:13 AM »
great score, and now you can liberate it from its caddywampus condition!
« Last Edit: January 03, 2016, 07:15:23 PM by charred »
hopelessly, helplessly, happily addicted to a shipload of Webers

mcgolden

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #11 on: October 14, 2015, 04:49:21 AM »

I agree, this has got to be the 18" based on what I've seen in the old catalogs and also one posted on eBay currently.  I may actually get some use out of this.  I've got a 70/71 18" that I keep in the garage during the winter months for my winter time cooks.  This will help make better use of the real estate.

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: October 14, 2015, 06:59:25 AM »
Great pickups all the way around

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs

AZ Monsoon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #13 on: October 14, 2015, 08:56:25 AM »
Very nice.

jkolantern

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #14 on: October 14, 2015, 10:59:38 AM »
Awesome!  I've still never even seen a live CnT ring.  What was the cost, if you don't mind the internet asking?