Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Everyone's favorite!!!  (Read 2465 times)

Tonybel

• Smokey Joe
Everyone's favorite!!!
« on: September 21, 2015, 07:53:21 PM »
Hello my BBQ and grilling friends....

Not everyone is a fan of beef tongue but for those of you that like it here's how we do it.

For those than don't like it  don't try it. It's already expensive and if it gets popular the price will go up even more.

1. Season your beef tongue with your favorite steak seasoning.

2. Smoke or grill indirect at 300 degrees

3. After 2 hours wrap in foil with 1/4 of wosterchire sauce.

4. Leave in the smoker or grill for another 2 hours. By then it should be ready. The true test is to check the skin. It should peel off with ease. If not let it go for another 30 minutes and check again.

5. In case your wondering the internal temp was 208.

6. Chop and make tacos.

This method is great. In my opinion better than boiling for hours. Plus it's more fun to do outside.

And a beer plate with shrimp ceviche.

Thanks for stopping by
Tony and Maribel

Bob BQ

• WKC Performer
Re: Everyone's favorite!!!
« Reply #1 on: September 21, 2015, 08:02:44 PM »
Excellent! Love tongue! Very, very tender if done right...
BBQ:it's what's for dinner. Grail: 18” Custom - "The Californian"

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #2 on: September 21, 2015, 08:06:41 PM »
Love the lengua. Have you ever tried searing it? I love lengua in smaller quantities- like for tacos, but I find it too squishy for larger burritos. I'm thinking the sear can give it a more robust texture.
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

austin87

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: September 21, 2015, 08:37:24 PM »
I prefer cabeza (cheek meat) but good tongue is pretty awesome. I've never done it myself but would like to give it a try.

Jon

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: September 21, 2015, 10:40:37 PM »
After I cooked that, I would be the only one eating. My wife has never tried tongue - she is a transplant to Bakersfield, where it is served in all the taquerias and Basque restaurants. She has passed that on to the children. Yours looks great, I grew up with my Mom boiling the tongue all morning, and peeling the skin after they cooled. Then she would take it back to the butcher to be sliced thinly. We'd have most of it right on the plate, some for sandwiches, and some would be pickled. Your method looks even better.

Also, if you can get the right bread, your cook would make great lengua tortas.
« Last Edit: September 21, 2015, 10:45:24 PM by Jon »

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #5 on: September 22, 2015, 04:20:57 AM »
I gotta get me some good tongue.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

WNC

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: September 22, 2015, 03:29:34 PM »
Nice cook guys! I've never tried, but if over at your house, would definitely try it!

Harleysmoker

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: September 22, 2015, 04:59:36 PM »
Looks really good! I had tongue and brain tacos in Las Vegas at a Taco place, cant think of name, Del Taco I think. They were pretty good but the thing that turned me off on the tongue was you could see the taste buds. Maybe they didn't skin it?

I was going to buy a tongue here but hate to spend $30 on one when you can buy better cuts for the same price.

feeshrman

• WKC Brave
« Reply #8 on: September 22, 2015, 06:04:53 PM »
I'd try that!

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: September 23, 2015, 01:43:07 PM »
Looks good, I've thought about trying it a few times but never really come across it in Iowa restaurants 

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Tonybel

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #10 on: September 25, 2015, 06:01:37 AM »
Love the lengua. Have you ever tried searing it? I love lengua in smaller quantities- like for tacos, but I find it too squishy for larger burritos. I'm thinking the sear can give it a more robust texture.

Never seared it before.

This meat is used for tacos only. I like the idea tho.

Tonybel

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: September 25, 2015, 06:05:59 AM »
Looks really good! I had tongue and brain tacos in Las Vegas at a Taco place, cant think of name, Del Taco I think. They were pretty good but the thing that turned me off on the tongue was you could see the taste buds. Maybe they didn't skin it?

I was going to buy a tongue here but hate to spend $30 on one when you can buy better cuts for the same price.

Properly cooked to tongue the skin peels off with ease. The cost out here is 4.99 to 5.99 pound in Southern California. I was told by my mom that this used to be dirt cheap and it was something they would cook for the toddlers and your kids since it was so tender. This tongue cost me $20