Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: got a Q  (Read 6296 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: got a Q
« Reply #15 on: November 12, 2015, 05:42:28 PM »
I had a Q100.  I would poke out the holes with a toothpick and brush it gently to remove residue.  Another thing to check... there is a small screen on the burner tube close to where it attaches to the regulator.  If that is dirty or clogged the flame will be weak or very yellow.  The screen is pointing down and you may have to remove the burner tube to properly clean it.  That is easy to do.  If it is still no good just get another burner tube it costs about $20.  It makes a big difference. 

Hope this helps.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

blksabbath

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: November 13, 2015, 09:56:02 AM »
Thanks guys.  I ended up poking out and cleaning all the little holes and blowing the whole thing out.  It works like a champ.  I do wish there was more support for the bigger propane bottles.  If I get a stand for it, i worry about it hanging off the regulator.

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #17 on: November 13, 2015, 06:49:37 PM »
Thanks guys.  I ended up poking out and cleaning all the little holes and blowing the whole thing out.  It works like a champ.  I do wish there was more support for the bigger propane bottles.  If I get a stand for it, i worry about it hanging off the regulator.

I used to use an adapter hose and hooked it up to a regular propane tank.  More economical and lasts a long time.  It also takes some stress off the regulator.
OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

huntergreen

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: November 13, 2015, 07:37:22 PM »
more economical unless you have a leak. then more expensive.