Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Just started my Bacon (Updated / Sliced)  (Read 4812 times)

jfbincypress

• WKC Brave
Re: Just started my Bacon (Updated / Sliced)
« Reply #30 on: September 11, 2015, 03:28:47 AM »

for those that have never made their own bacon.......please, just go ahead and do it.  The process is very simple (it just takes time), and the final product will blow you away.  I was expecting it to be good the first time I made it, but I never expected it to be THAT good.  Well, it was THAT GOOD!  It is totally different that anything you can buy at the store

This ain't no lie! People beg me for bacon now (of course they don't want to pay for it, lol).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #31 on: September 11, 2015, 02:03:31 PM »
for those that have never made their own bacon.......please, just go ahead and do it.  The process is very simple (it just takes time), and the final product will blow you away.  I was expecting it to be good the first time I made it, but I never expected it to be THAT good.  Well, it was THAT GOOD!  It is totally different that anything you can buy at the grocery store.

fedex......that looks great.  Made my mouth water just seeing the pics.  Time for some BLT's

Absolutely right on everything.  Hopefully it wasn't beginners luck.  I have a 15#er curing right now and I'm not going to change anything (except the extra salt in the cure).
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962

fedex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #32 on: September 11, 2015, 02:09:07 PM »

for those that have never made their own bacon.......please, just go ahead and do it.  The process is very simple (it just takes time), and the final product will blow you away.  I was expecting it to be good the first time I made it, but I never expected it to be THAT good.  Well, it was THAT GOOD!  It is totally different that anything you can buy at the store

This ain't no lie! People beg me for bacon now (of course they don't want to pay for it, lol).

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

I gave more than 1/2 of my first batch away to friends.  That is why there is an emergency need for more bacon.  You're right, they all want more. 
1 Black Limited Edition Kettle & Wife Model #1962