Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: What's your Superbowl BBQ?  (Read 5531 times)

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
What's your Superbowl BBQ?
« on: February 02, 2013, 08:23:31 PM »
I am just wandering what is everybody cooking on their BBQ this Sunday for the Super bowl?  I know the weather is brutal in the northern states (maybe for some of Europen fans as well).  But I bet some of the hardy stock will be grilling out regardless of what mother nature will throw at you.

And it is going to be the 49'ers by 6.

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Re: What's your Superbowl BBQ?
« Reply #1 on: February 02, 2013, 08:42:05 PM »
Going with snack stuff mostly, gonna try some potstickers for the first time, some moinks, and some cheese quesadillas.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #2 on: February 02, 2013, 08:42:28 PM »
Church Day sausages and I don't have a tv because AJ stole mine.  :-[  I will be catching the highlights here, but I say SF by at least 10.

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #3 on: February 02, 2013, 08:44:00 PM »
We have a tradition of doing appetizer and snacky stuff. I'm doing 60 wings with 2 kinds of sauce (Korean style and Honey Mustard) and some home made potato skins on the red 22, plus some breaded meat ravioli and our favorite Velveeta-Rotel-Hormel Chili cheese dip. So manufactured and processed but so good!!! Especially with Lime Tostitos! And of course lots of Beer!!  ;) Oh and 'Niners by 6-10. Hate the Ravens!

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #4 on: February 03, 2013, 05:07:10 AM »
That's what I was afraid of, my kettle culinary creations would pale in comparison to master Chef's found around here.  I will smoke some chicken breasts that will end up as quesadillas. 

Have fun y'all.

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #5 on: February 03, 2013, 05:23:57 AM »

That's what I was afraid of, my kettle culinary creations would pale in comparison to master Chef's found around here.  I will smoke some chicken breasts that will end up as quesadillas.    

Have fun y'all.

Com'on man, give yourself a break.....I may be able to roll a lot of 'turds real fast, but I bet your quesadillas would whomp anything I could put out !!!!
I'm a complete dodo when it comes to certain things, the wife will step in & save me sometimes, but she's out of town..... :D ::)
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 03, 2013, 05:40:31 AM »
For me, I'm wingin it!  Maybe some wings with whatever sauces I can find to put on them.  Also some veggies with dip, some stuffed mushrooms, some shrimp and anything else I can find that looks good.

Oh, and I'm gonna have to go against the grain and lean towards the Ravens.  I think its gonna be a close game.  Both teams are mirror images of one another.   Ravens by 3
Kettle collector AND cooker!

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: February 03, 2013, 05:54:57 AM »
Just realized I left off my pic, I'm with Jeff, Ravens in a close one, Flacco is turning into a big game qb. I'm starting to get a Bradshaw vibe off of him, nothing spectacular in the regular season, but has another gear for the playoffs.......damn Bradshaw >:(

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #8 on: February 03, 2013, 06:39:49 AM »
Wings with some orange marmalade sarachi, some asian teriyaki, some regular buffalo hot, some hot spicy garlic.  Some moinks (first time ever for these), some beer brats, some hebrew national, some Nathan's. 
My pick would be the Oakland Raiders, but that ain't happening so I'm watching the commercials.
Y'all have fun and eat well today! I know I will.
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #9 on: February 03, 2013, 07:04:57 AM »
Just SWMBO and me. I thawed some meatballs and got some bacon so I could make some moinks. I'll probably fire up the mini-WSM for those. I'll leave the water pan out and cook on the upper grate. That puts the meat about a foot above coals for a nice moderate direct cook.
kettles, smokers...

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 07:09:32 AM »
Wings with some orange marmalade sarachi, some asian teriyaki, some regular buffalo hot, some hot spicy garlic.  Some moinks (first time ever for these), some beer brats, some hebrew national, some Nathan's. 
My pick would be the Oakland Raiders, but that ain't happening so I'm watching the commercials.
Y'all have fun and eat well today! I know I will.

Geez, FOUR types of wings, THREE types of dawgs & moinks.....

Get some pics, if you're able...............
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #11 on: February 03, 2013, 07:45:09 AM »

Have fun y'all.
Funny thing, I just bought some chicken breast and I have some awesome homemade green salsa. Guess what i'm doing? thanks for the great idea Ed!

MartyG

• WKC Performer
« Reply #12 on: February 03, 2013, 08:44:09 AM »
No access to a grill here - well, not one I can fire up, so I have a big pot of chili and another pot of black bean and andouille soup that should be ready by game time.

I do however have a red '95 MT sitting in my tiny apartment at the moment. Cleaned it up yesterday, and will take pics soon. Not much use on this one, so the cleanup went quickly. Looks great! It will be a cooker as soon as I get it back to PA. It's a dead match to my performer, with the same date code. Soon both will be sporting Koa handles.

Marty

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #13 on: February 03, 2013, 01:52:32 PM »
No pictures hers so I started a thread for that.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/food-pr0n/superbowl-pron/new/#new
kettles, smokers...

Jeff

• WKC Performer
« Reply #14 on: February 03, 2013, 07:13:53 PM »
For me, I'm wingin it!  Maybe some wings with whatever sauces I can find to put on them.  Also some veggies with dip, some stuffed mushrooms, some shrimp and anything else I can find that looks good.

Oh, and I'm gonna have to go against the grain and lean towards the Ravens.  I think its gonna be a close game.  Both teams are mirror images of one another.   Ravens by 3

Well look at that!   My NEXT prediction is that the WKC will be a far more fun and educational site than another one...oh wait, that's already happened.
Kettle collector AND cooker!