Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Briskit & Jalapeno, Apple smoked chedder cheese with bacan and chives cornbread.  (Read 1832 times)

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
I started the cook @ 7:30am ran 250' till I hit 190 internal. 11.5 hour cook. I then let it rest an hour.
In the middle of that I put together the cornbread.

Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

Duke

• The Duke
Now that's a barbecue meal! That just might be the best looking brisket I have ever seen cooked in a 22 inch kettle. Now please pass me a plate and don't skimp on the cornbread. ;)

Craig

• WKC Mod
11:10pm as I type this and NOW I"M HUNGRY!!!   :o    :D Looks like a fantastic meal!! Hey, I have that same Elegant Fare cookbook! It's got some good recipies in it i need to try. Oh and ditto what Duke said! 

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador

Bob, you know your beef, looks great !!!

But I'm thinkin' the cornbread MAY, I say MAY have stole the show !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

HankB

• WKC Performer
That looks great!

Those are Serrano peppers, no?

But it seems that you have to go that way any more to get any heat. I got a Jalapeno today at the store today to make guacamole and it had as much heat as a green bell pepper. What's the point? I opened a can of pickled jalapenos and they were so mild I could eat them out of hand w/out grabbing a glass of water. In season I grow my own and they have some heat!
kettles, smokers...

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
Good eye hank! ;) my wife picked them up while shopping I didnt want to say anything so I rolled with it. Also It still didn't have much heat. My ten year old daughter said they tasted like regular green peppers. I might have to go with habaneros next time.

Jeff

• WKC Performer
Bob....great post.  You did a nice job with that brisket for using a kettle!  Looks like an awesome meal!
Kettle collector AND cooker!

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
Thanks guys! I used my pitmasterIQ 110 so I'm able to cook low and slow. Typically I only need a single load of charcoal but this one went extra long and needed a refill.