Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: A Request of My Fellow Gas Kettle Owners...  (Read 1682 times)

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
A Request of My Fellow Gas Kettle Owners...
« on: July 30, 2015, 06:24:26 PM »
To those of you who own a gas kettle, do any of you have an intact indirect baffle in your grill? If so could you take a couple pictures of it from overhead (and possibly the side) to get an idea of its size and curve? I've got the inner and outer dimensions of it, but it's hard to describe the curve when half of yours is rotted away. I'm going to try and find someone locally to fabricate one and want to give them as much info as possible. Also any thoughts on what the metal composition of the baffle is?
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
Re: A Request of My Fellow Gas Kettle Owners...
« Reply #1 on: July 30, 2015, 11:52:42 PM »
Sorry I don't have a tape with inches
All materials seem to be SS even the charcoal grate. Hope that helps let me know if you need more info

I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

dazzo

• WKC Performer
« Reply #2 on: July 31, 2015, 06:22:44 AM »
I couldn't take measurements because mine is shot.

And make more than one 

Maybe we could work out a trade for an ash/utility pan   8)
Dude, relax your chicken.

AZRaptor

• WKC Brave
« Reply #3 on: July 31, 2015, 07:10:45 AM »
Awesome, thanks @Hogsy

Does anyone know if these came in different sizes? Yours is close to 15in wide and while mine is beat to hell the outer rim seemed intact and was barely 12in in diameter, and looks very similar to  the one @dazzo pictured here.

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-gas-grills-electric-cookers/picked-up-a-1984-red-weber-gas-kettle-cart/30/
I'M A RECOVERING WEBER ADDICT
Selling: Black & Green Gas Assist SS Performers, Brownie Gas Kettle, 1980 B Code Black MBH, 70's & '04 SJ, Weber Firepit, Black Happy Cooker On the Bubble: Blk Offset SJ