Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Cut up chicken  (Read 3282 times)

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
Cut up chicken
« on: February 01, 2013, 05:31:34 AM »
This is my new 'Ol Red break in.  I have to thank Terry for hooking me up with my first red head. Enjoy!

Starting. This is charcoal with red oak chunks thrown in for some smoke.

Lids on for the pre heat.

Chicken on. 2 different seasonings.

Flash:

No flash (just a little experiment):
You can see a little spark jump out of 'Ol Red at the bottom left due to the longer exposure time. This was a 2.5 sec. exposure, hand held at that. Well, sitting and bracing with knees. The flash was 1/60 exposure.

My trusty assistants, again no flash with 2 sec. exposure.  They had to stand REALLY STILL for this one.

And our trusty guard.  Laying down on the job again.

And almost ready to pull off. The ones on 'Ol Red have been coated with cattleman's sauce, the ones on 'Ol Blue are just dry with seasoning.

And ready to EAT!

No plated pics.  I am usually ready to eat by the time everything gets plated.  ;D
This is 2 cut up chickens. Normally I would put this on 1 grill, but I wanted to get 'Ol Red seasoned and wasn't sure how she'd cook as I have never used a 3 wheeler , or daily wheel, or whatever the non one touch grills are called.
Now I'm ready to fire up the grills just posting this!
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.
http://www.youtube.com/user/TheFinkFarm

1buckie

• WKC Ambassador
Re: Cut up chicken
« Reply #1 on: February 01, 2013, 06:14:26 AM »

Like Dr. Suess.....

One kettle, Two kettle
    Red kettle, Blue kettle !!!!

Way cool,man !!!!

That's about like my dad's old red, metal handles.....Yeah !!!!

you do great chicken every time it seems......

the family farm thing is just great, hope it's prosperous for many years to come !!!!
"If you want it fancy there is BBQ spray paint at home depot for that. "
    Covered, damper-controlled cooking.....IF YOU PLEASE !!!
           "But the ever versatile kettle reigned supreme"    

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: February 01, 2013, 06:17:02 AM »
Goog looking grills, helpers, guard dog, and chicken, you're set. So which chicken did your helpers like best? Mine always go for anything with bbq sauce on it first.

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #3 on: February 01, 2013, 06:18:49 AM »
Thanks Buckie.  We are still getting our name out there.  We are trying a couple different farmers markets this year if we are lucky enough to get in. 
22.5" Blue OTG, Black SJ, Lime Green SJ X 2, Brick Red Performer, Outlaw Red 22" daisy wheel, Ivory MT, LE Red MT, Spring Green MT, Slate MT, Smoke MT.

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #4 on: February 01, 2013, 06:20:35 AM »
Yeah Eastex. Same here.  They go for the ones with the sauce first.  And I am the exact opposite.   I like my dry with some good spices.

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #5 on: February 01, 2013, 06:49:59 AM »
Very nice pictures and family Fink, but if I was going to guess the chicken cooked on the red grill probably went first. Everyone knows food tastes better when it's cooked on a red grill. :)

I like watching your direct method.

1911Ron

• WKC Performer
« Reply #6 on: February 01, 2013, 09:00:48 AM »
Good looking food, assistants and guard dog ;D  Love the Redhead 8)  About how long does it take doing direct?
Wanted: 18" Platinum any color will work
This is my Kettle there are many like it but this one is mine......

Craig

• WKC Mod
« Reply #7 on: February 01, 2013, 04:02:41 PM »
Great looking cook! Awesome kettles! Did your redhead turn dark red/purple when it got hot? That's the coolest thing ever to watch when it happens.  :D

HankB

• WKC Performer
« Reply #8 on: February 02, 2013, 04:52:14 AM »
Looks good - nice matched pair! Amazing work on the long exposures too. I'd need to use a monopod or tripod for something like that.
kettles, smokers...

bob hope

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #9 on: February 02, 2013, 06:31:10 PM »
Good stuff!!
Because Here we are Friends. Here we are Brothers.
A family in the name of Weber.

TheFinkFarm

• WKC Brave
    • My YouTube channel.
« Reply #10 on: February 03, 2013, 05:29:19 AM »
Thanks guys. Gonna be wings and brats today. I wish I could cook on these things every day!

Ron, it takes about 45 - 50 minutes.  It is direct over medium hot coals. Not too hot, not to cool, just right.
Craig, I noticed the lid did appear to get a little darker, or I guess a deeper red.  Didn't get it too hot.