Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Kettle covers (Review of Weber Brand Kettle covers and alternatives)  (Read 8277 times)

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
Re: Kettle covers (Review of Weber Brand Kettle covers and alternatives)
« Reply #15 on: December 16, 2015, 10:00:24 AM »
I ordered the EC Ravenna Kettle Grill Cover, Taupe.  It looked a little bit heavier than the beige one.  I should get it Friday.  I will let you know how it turns out. I have a OKP Crimson to cover.

OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

Davescprktl

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: December 20, 2015, 11:17:19 AM »
I ordered the EC Ravenna Kettle Grill Cover, Taupe.  It looked a little bit heavier than the beige one.  I should get it Friday.  I will let you know how it turns out. I have a OKP Crimson to cover.

Got the cover Friday.  It has nice heavy material and nice straps to secure it from the wind blowing it off.  There is also a cord to gather it up around the bottom.  Not bad and about $7 cheaper than the Weber brand cover.  Product description says it will fit a 26er.  Not a chance.  I would be surprised if it would even get around it.  All in all I feel it will last a long time.

Some pics...

OKP Crimson, 22" H Code Brownie, SJS Lime, 22" CB Stacker, Red Q2200, Performer Deluxe CB slate blue

"If God didn't want us to eat animals, why did he make them out of meat?"  H. Simpson

GregS

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: February 07, 2016, 07:36:41 AM »
i grabbed one of the new MT covers and it's not like a vinyl or plastic, it's more of a fabric. 

i hate that the bag doesn't detach and it gets caught under the wheel when moving the kettle covered.   i can't find a place to velcro it inside, as i suspected there may be.

did you notice this too?  or am i doing it wrong?  :o
I only use kettles with lid bales.

Bustin Butt

• WKC Brave
« Reply #18 on: February 07, 2016, 09:26:00 AM »
I hate that the bag hangs at the bottom. Will be cutting it off and feed it to the garbage can.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
If it ain't smoked don't eat it!

weldboy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #19 on: February 07, 2016, 12:45:26 PM »

Got the cover Friday.  It has nice heavy material and nice straps to secure it from the wind blowing it off.  There is also a cord to gather it up around the bottom.  Not bad and about $7 cheaper than the Weber brand cover.  Product description says it will fit a 26er.  Not a chance.  I would be surprised if it would even get around it.  All in all I feel it will last a long time.

Some pics...

I have one of these, pretty good cover. Holds up well.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

kettlecook

• WKC Brave
« Reply #20 on: February 07, 2016, 01:33:26 PM »
I was HIGHLY disappointed with the last Weber cover that I bought, which was for my 26". If was very stiff compared to my Performer cover, and didn't last near as long.

I already posted this but I'll go ahead here as well since its pertinent. So after recently chunking both my Performer and 26" cover recently, I just went ahead with a hunch on something that I thought might work a while, at least. It's not the best quality but not the worst either. Was $30 but found at Academy Sports this week for $15.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk