Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Anyone ever bought NIB kettles at auction?  (Read 1136 times)

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
Anyone ever bought NIB kettles at auction?
« on: January 31, 2013, 07:56:58 AM »
Our local Sutherlands hardware store closed, pretty sad to see it go, and they're having a auction Saturday to clean it out. I know they had a few Smokey Joes, maybe a 18.5 or two and a few 22.5s, all silver models. They may have all been sold before they closed too.  I'm just wondering what kind of prices to expect?
    If I can grab one or two cheap enough I figure I can use them for swapping bait for vintage kettles the owners just don't want to part with. There weren't any kind if accessories there either unfortunately. There were a few Old Smokey grills though and I may snag one of them if there are any left and the price is right, got to have one of them all right? I have to work Saturday morning so I've got my excuse for being in town down. P.S the dear wife doesn't  know the auctions Saturday, lets just keep that between us.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: Anyone ever bought NIB kettles at auction?
« Reply #1 on: January 31, 2013, 08:14:47 AM »
Think of it as an investment in your retirement.. I don't think most wives care too much..
At least were not out drinking and carousing.. Or are we? Hmmmm.. 8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

Eastex

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 31, 2013, 08:41:40 AM »
I think my herd is pretty close to the tipping point where she wouldn't be able to tell if I added another one or not.

reillyranch

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: January 31, 2013, 12:01:24 PM »
Every time I ask my better half "is that new (blouse, jewelry, etc)  she says "this old thing, I've had this for years".  So anytime she asks me " did you get another grill" I say " that old thing, I just pulled it out to take a picture for the club".
« Last Edit: January 31, 2013, 12:05:00 PM by reillyranch »

Duke

• The Duke
« Reply #4 on: January 31, 2013, 03:03:43 PM »
Eastex, when you say 'Old Smokey Grills" how old do you mean? I am guessing about the last year they put wood handles on them. If so, they would be worth it at the right price. Older than that, you can't go wrong.