Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Strange Legs on Weber Kettles ??  (Read 3683 times)

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
Strange Legs on Weber Kettles ??
« on: July 20, 2015, 11:33:20 AM »
Has anyone ever seen these legs on Weber Kettles before?
I have seen these 2 grills on local For Sale web sites but have never seen the legs shaped like that before.

Any Idea's ??

Matt

[attachment deleted by admin]
« Last Edit: June 04, 2018, 02:03:22 AM by vwengguy »

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
Re: Strange Legs on Weber Kettles ??
« Reply #1 on: July 20, 2015, 11:34:26 AM »
You might want to attach a pic of what you're referencing.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

SixZeroFour

« Reply #2 on: July 20, 2015, 11:39:04 AM »
Yes, extremely uncommon but I believe someone in Europe had posted one awhile back with the rounded leg posts and front kickstand style leg. Cool!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

vwengguy

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #3 on: July 20, 2015, 11:47:33 AM »
Both of these are in The Netherlands... Holland.   I never saw them before.

Hogsy

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: July 20, 2015, 12:22:11 PM »
There very similar to the legs off the Thrifty kettle but the Thrifty was a 18 gas kettle, this is charcoal.....cool
I'm only 2 or 3 kettles away from being that creepy guy down the street with all the Webers
                            WKC Collaborator
                        Viva La  Charcoal Revolution

MaxBobcat

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: July 20, 2015, 12:44:16 PM »
Yep, they seem to be a type of European model that weber put out in the 80's.

here's a german brownie with the same legs from another thread...

http://weberkettleclub.com/forums/weber-kettles-accessories/nice-catch-a-47cm-(18')-brownie-in-germany/30/

I've been waiting for a weather not to be as crap as yesterday and the last hours.

And i took several photos of the brownie.

Harbormaster

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #6 on: July 20, 2015, 04:35:40 PM »
The one thing that jumps out at me is that those are all 18.5" kettles but they have 22.5" triangles. Looks like the funky legs are to accommodate the larger triangle.
Cool, nonetheless.
I've got Webers. 10 - WSMs, 5 - 22.5" kettles, 2 - 18.5" kettle, 2 - SJS, 2 - SJP, 4 - WGA, 1 vintage Coolie Pan
"Animal flesh cooked over an open fire is a sensible and essential part of a well balanced diet"

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #7 on: July 20, 2015, 06:19:56 PM »
European countries often have stricter safety regulations than the US. I wonder if there was a time when the 18's, with their smaller wheel/leg base, didn't meet a regulation for stability or something. 

If this was the case, the engineers at Weber would have simply gone to the parts bin: legs from a thrifty kettle, a triangle from a 22, and a bent piece of flat stock bolted to the front leg.  Bam! a 47cm kettle, ready for export to the European markets.

All just speculation of course.
Grail: THE AMBASSADOR

Bob R

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #8 on: July 21, 2015, 05:33:45 AM »
Some different stuff gets exported. I was watching a You Tube from Australia and the 22 inch (Master Touch GBS ??) Kettle they were putting together new had Handles on each side instead of  the front.  It did not have the Push Button Leg Locks. It also had Hub Caps on the wheels. Other than that it looked like a Master Touch with Gourmet BBQ System Cooking Grate.

Bob R

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #9 on: July 21, 2015, 09:14:01 AM »
That clip pin looks like it can be pushed into the ground to prevent the kettle from rolling
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

Dan NY

• WKC Brave
« Reply #10 on: July 21, 2015, 05:12:35 PM »
That clip pin looks like it can be pushed into the ground to prevent the kettle from rolling

^^^^^^^^^^ Brilliant! ^^^^^^^^^^

I was was wondering what those clips were for since the brownie was first posted.  I think you are exactly right.

These seem to be loaded with safety features. Even the cooking grate has a warning label on it.
Grail: THE AMBASSADOR

ButtevilleBBQer

• Smokey Joe
« Reply #11 on: February 20, 2018, 03:07:39 PM »
I saw one of these European Webers with the different legs on Webers FB page yesterday.  Interesting and sort of cool looking too!