Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: Rotisserie Question  (Read 1771 times)

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
Rotisserie Question
« on: January 29, 2013, 07:03:13 AM »
Looking to possibly add a rotisserie for my performer and/or the kettles...pros and cons of the Weber and the Cajun Bandit? Seems like the CB fits better but also runs $35 for shipping. Big difference between motors other than one is battery powered?
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

Heyjude

• WKC Performer
Re: Rotisserie Question
« Reply #1 on: January 29, 2013, 10:33:42 AM »
Teh CB fits better, so temp control is a lot better. you can also get the modelt hat works on a WSM as well, making it more versatile.
As for he motor, I am told that the battery powered one works just as well, so no cords is a bonus.
Supposedly the Weber one isn;t made for a Performer, because of the nuts that hold the lid bale.
They may have changed that.
You're not liley to find a used CB unit, but you do see the Webers on Clist every so often and a t a good price
If price isn't an issue, I would get the CB. 
AJ  8)
I don't care if you don't like my Avatar, its there for me..

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #2 on: January 29, 2013, 10:42:11 AM »

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #3 on: January 29, 2013, 11:43:52 AM »
Thanks guys...the price with tax for the Weber vs the price with shipping on the CB is around $20 or $25 so price won't be a big deal...a better fit and quality is higher on the list.
Not everyone deserves to know the real you. Let them criticize who they think you are.

landgraftj

• WKC Performer
« Reply #4 on: January 29, 2013, 11:46:16 AM »
Chad what motor and spit are you using in those pics? I have a roti for my gasser and was wondering if I could use that with the CB. Guess it depends on how long the spit it.

DoppelBock

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #5 on: January 29, 2013, 12:25:26 PM »
I'm using the spit that came with the cb, and the motor from my Genesis. The spit for the Genesis was too long for the cb ring, the rounded part of the spit didn't match up correctly with the ring. The cb spit comes with an adjustable round adaptor so the spit sits in in the notch nicely. If you could find something like that it certainly could be used for your gasser's spit.
« Last Edit: January 29, 2013, 12:30:25 PM by Chad A »

mike.stavlund

• WKC Performer
    • MikeStavlund.com
« Reply #6 on: January 29, 2013, 05:53:43 PM »
I picked up a used Weber ring, and I love it.  It is very leaky, but I fill the gaps with some aluminum foil and it works great.  It sits above the lid bale hardware on the Performer or a MasterTouch, no problem.  If I was going to buy new, though, it would prolly be a CB. 

One of the charcoal people.

G

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #7 on: January 29, 2013, 05:59:46 PM »
I received the CB as a late Christmas present but havent had a chance to use it yet.  It seems well built and fits the kettle perfectly. 

Ken Mc

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #8 on: January 29, 2013, 07:45:55 PM »
I have both the CB and Weber. I do prefer the CB. It fits my grills and smoker just fine. And the battery powered motor works just fine as well. Been thinking about buying the AC cord though.

Ken
Lookin' for a flat top 26"( not black)