Welcome, Guest

Shop Amazon.com and support the WKC | WKC T-Shirts

Author Topic: .: 2015 WKC Summer eCook :: DAY SIX :: July 6th, 2015 :.  (Read 8854 times)

dgodwin

• WKC Brave
Re: .: 2015 WKC Summer eCook :: DAY SIX :: July 6th, 2015 :.
« Reply #15 on: July 06, 2015, 05:07:55 PM »
Man. Everything else looks great.  I'll take a plate of everything!

Maxmbob

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #16 on: July 06, 2015, 05:37:51 PM »
I was finally able to fire up the webers today.   Cooked all day. Just as the meat came off the tornado sirens went off and off to the basement we went. I got a few pictures before the storms rolled in.(no damage at our house).
pork butt, st. Louis style ribs, chicken wings and beef short ribs. (Didn't get a after pic of the short ribs)

The last one of the grills.

WTB, Westerner, glen blue,

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #17 on: July 06, 2015, 05:47:15 PM »
Worked late so got to this late as well. Stuffed chicken breasts wrapped in bacon and my first shot at apple bombs:

The apple bombs are still on the Kettle....soon come though.

Done:

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:50:31 PM by MrHoss »
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

pbe gummi bear

• WKC Mod
« Reply #18 on: July 06, 2015, 06:24:09 PM »
I've been trying to post this for days but the WKC site keeps kicking me off when I post pics. :( Anyways, I wanted to make this e-cook special by using the Stephen's family SS "N" Grey Performer..... But when I tried to move it after sitting for 2 years it suffered from SS "PCD" - SS Performer collapse syndrome.  :'( Back into the garage it goes. Instead, the Ranch Kettle comes out of retirement for this cook. We marinated some pork chops in the Filipino Style and grilled them to goodness. A full chimney of KBB gave us a nice hot zone and grill marks. Non-kettle cooks include deep fried pork knuckles (Crispy Pata) reheated on the RK, sweet and sour shrimp, egg rolls (Lumpia), sour tamarind fish stew (Fish sinigang), and some noodles (Pancit Palabok). Enjoy!

« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:34:36 PM by pbe gummi bear »
"Have you hugged your Weber today?"
Check out WKC on Facebook:
https://www.facebook.com/pages/Weber-Kettle-Club/521728011229791

tb80

• WKC Ranger
.: 2015 WKC Summer eCook :: DAY SIX :: July 6th, 2015 :.
« Reply #19 on: July 06, 2015, 06:31:49 PM »
Tonight's cook was pretty boring as I got home late from picking up a WSM I found on CL. Just did some thighs and squash on the jumbo joe.

Tasted good though.

Ps - I never signed up on the Ecook thread so I hope I am not breaking any rules here.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 06:38:48 PM by tb80 »
Looking for Blue Mastertouch or Blue Performer. 

Currently have: Performer (Green); 22.5 Mastertouch (Red); 26.75 OTG;  22.5 WSM; 18.5 WSM; Jumbo Joe; SJS (Green Uline); SJG (used for Mini WSM); Blue SS Performer; Blue MBH; Summit

Cookingmama

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #20 on: July 06, 2015, 07:17:49 PM »
im glad i was able to participate in the ecook this year.  i wasn't able to last year....and even though i got in late in the game I'm happy to be a part of it.

i started out by giving my ol' faithful a semi-cleaning.  my daughter is usually my ash cleaner and she hasn't been giving it as good cleanings as i would.  so i gave it a good scrape down today.  it is so therapeutic to me to just kind of get in the zone and focus on my grill. 

as always i have a loaded grill.  i don't know if many others use this circular type of layout.... it works for me as all the food gets equal amounts of heat.  dogs and sausages always on the top.  those little bone pieces are trimmings from thighs.... i add them in as snackies.

[/url]

coming along nicely.....

getting some color on a few sausages and dogs.....

love the way the sun is hitting them here....

some tortillas for the sausages.....

i used the warming rack to put them closer to the heat and crisp up the skin some more.....

chicken....corn....and the pasta salads from yesterday.....

i loved the color on this chicken....i don't know if it was the cleaned up grill or the simple seasoning... but this chicken was pretty freaking good. 

simple but very good.....

don't knock it till you try it.  i love corn this way.  a make a miracle whip/sour cream combo, slather that on, a sprinkle of salt.... then put some parmesan cheese on there....finally some hot sauce.  so very, very good. 

ribs pre-boiling & reaching for the lighter fluid!

AcrossFromHoss

• WKC Brave
« Reply #21 on: July 06, 2015, 07:29:46 PM »
@pbe gummi bear I want to wake up at 2am beside your fridge everything looks amazing. I'm a lumpia junkie!! especially with a bowl of banana ketchup to dip
"Seeing pictures of a nice steak without viewing the middle is like seeing a nice pair of tits in a bra. You tease!!!!"
 22.5 black OTG kettle, 18.5 WSM, Jumbo Joe

SixZeroFour

« Reply #22 on: July 06, 2015, 07:30:27 PM »
In celebration of the end of this awesome event I decided to do my last cook on a special kettle - my recently restored Imperial. 8) 

I really love this kettle and was determined to use it at least one during the eCook... so here we go!

Smokey & Honey Chicken Legs, Honey Garlic Wings and Grilled Red, Yellow and Orange Peppers:

Ahh she looks so proud! ;D It's been a long time since she's seen some heat!

My trusty HC Internal Ash-Pan ready for action. Patiently waiting in the outer ring is a sweet piece of cherry that @MrHoss was kind enough to send me:

Charcoal on! I filled up the old wire char baskets and they JUST fit under the cooking grate:

Chicken and Veggies onto the grill - time to soak up some of that gorgeous cherry smoke!

The weather has been smoking hot for a few weeks straight now so I've been able to leave all my kettles out. Wish I could pull this off year round!

Chicken is coming along nicely, just a quick sear and we're almost there...

I could stare at this old girl grill all night 8)

And last but not least the payoff!!

I want to thank EVERYONE who participated in this years eCook. I had a ton of fun and hope you guys did as well!

We are so lucky to have such talented grillers in our midst and the willingness to share and help others is like no other forum out there. Cool events like this wouldn't be able to happen without you guys sharing your amazing culinary creations.

I am going to leave this thread open until end of day tomorrow to allow for a few more straggler entries - if you snapped some pics please share! In the next 48 hours I will go back through all the posts and calculate how many entries you have each earned. A draw of names will then take place out of a bucket to choose the winners. We want as many winners as possible so if your name is drawn and you win a prize you will no longer qualify for the remaining draws.

Once again THANK YOU! very much for participating and we can't wait to see you back again next year! Stay tuned for prize announcements coming soon!

R - R - R

Matt
« Last Edit: July 06, 2015, 07:40:27 PM by SixZeroFour »
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

SixZeroFour

« Reply #23 on: July 06, 2015, 07:31:46 PM »
@pbe gummi bear - Outstanding cook up Lawrence!! That can only be described as a feast!
W E B E R    B A R - B - Q    K E T T L E

SmokenJoe

• WKC Performer
« Reply #24 on: July 06, 2015, 07:35:03 PM »
Got back from moving the Grandson and family to Seattle.  Took us at least four days :( :(   Going to miss that GGdaughter (and her Mom & Dad).
Thought I'd better make dinner tonight to celebrate their great opportunity.   Not as grand as most of the great cookUPs I've seen here, but at least I'm having a great dinner.   Menu:  ABT appetizers followed by T-Bone steak & lobster.  Wash it down with Anejo & Corona.

Dinner tonight is on my twin  "greens" ...

ABT Prep

Start the Fuse

Pretty Blue smoke ...

ABT's Cooking

So enjoy a cigar and tequilla ...

Prep newGreen for the High heat T-bone ...

Get er on and Get er done ...

Plate it up and ENJOY ...

GREAT DAY !!!

"Too Beef, or Not too Beef" ...

Looking for Dark Blue MBH 22", Dark Green MBH 22", Yellow MBH 22", Glen Blue MBH 22", Avocado MBH 22".

jamesnomore

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #25 on: July 06, 2015, 07:45:32 PM »
Simple Salmon! @SixZeroFour that bone white in the background has me extremely hot and bothered. That's a beautiful grill...the imperial too ;)

WTB: Genesis Jr.

Matt_T

• WKC Brave
« Reply #26 on: July 06, 2015, 07:54:22 PM »
For my last cook I wanted to use up all (some) of the leftovers I had from the 4th of July. Things we never used or things I grilled up but never ate.  That's when I had the idea for a stuffed meat loaf. I threw in the ABTs as appetizers which I always need on long cooks. The only thing I didn't have on hand was the bacon every thing else was left over from our party. I love shopping in the refrigerator!

The Preparation

Ready for the Grill

The Set Up

The Wait

The Results - the ABTs barely got a chance to cool before they were devoured...so sorry no pictures. Just imagine that they were good and crispy - because they were.

Bacon wrapped stuffed meat loaf - fresh onions, jalapeños, sharp cheddar, pepper jack, and smoked bratwurst. ABTs stuffed with smoked bratwurst and pepper jack cheese. Good times - good drinks - good friends.

Sent from my Nexus 7 using Tapatalk

Keep it simple stupid

Jason

• WKC Ranger
« Reply #27 on: July 06, 2015, 08:31:14 PM »
I managed to get home in time to fire up the Performer to feed the kids and I. Sirloin chops, brats, asparagus and saffron rice. eCook day 6...woot!! :o  I’ll let the pics do the talking.

MrHoss

• WKC Performer
« Reply #28 on: July 07, 2015, 08:18:44 AM »
No food pics here, just a message of thanks that I would love to see echoed by receiving a number of hits on the "Thank You" button.

SixZeroFour has done this for the second year boys. This is not only fun for us but also drives the board....expanding it's scope and driving it into parts of the interweb it has not been before. For this I applaud Matt....Bravo!!!! buddy. No small amount of time and effort went into this...and last years event.
"Why do you have so many bbq's?"....."I just like lookin' at em' sometimes....and I have enough purses and shoes"

Idahawk

• WKC Performer
« Reply #29 on: July 07, 2015, 08:42:25 AM »
I too wish to thank Matt @604 for taking the time to do all this and for all he does to help the other members of the forum and thanks to everyone for the great cooks and inspiration, I'll be combing over these threads for a while so many great dishes and ideas . Matt love that grill and the restore you put on her, from what it was to now cooking up a fine meal , thats what it's all about !
 Thank you Sir !

We really need a Northwest Gathering sometime soon !

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk
Wanted plum/burgundy 18.5
WTB Color Copies of old Weber Catalogs